ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gaming K4 X370 headphone amplifier

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jed2i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gaming K4 X370 headphone amplifier
    Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 4:39pm

I updated the bios to version 2.1 and i have sound issue
When i connect my headphones to Headphone port i get some crackling issue, it did not happen before bios update

It happens in game, while listening to music....
i tried 3 different headphones, all behave the same way

when i connect my headphones to speaker port (rear) i get no sound crackling and the sound is good.
And besides crackling, i experience something like fast volume change.... that also did not happen before bios update

Is anybody else experiencing this?

Edited by jed2i - 23 Apr 2017 at 4:44pm
MunkeyBalls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MunkeyBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 2:28am
I'm also experiencing very bad crackling (especially noticable when changing the volume slider in windows). I've also got a problem where I just here like a static background noise sometimes (it's like a microphone channel that's constantly open). 

I just reinstalled windows and installed the drivers (8004) from the ASRock website to see if it fixes the problem, but it's still here.

I didn't have this issue with the 2 Gigabyte AM4 boards I had before this (which had the same audio chip).

What was the bios version that used to work for you? I'd like to try it out but can't find it on ASRock support page. I bought this board mainly for its audio chip so I'm willing to try anything before going through yet another RMA on the AM4 platform..
Superflu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Superflu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 3:06pm
Hi there! I'm also experiencing the same problem after update to V2.20.  :/
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 3:34pm
Thanks for the info guys, I will pass this along to Tech Support. If you have not already you can also file a Tech Support ticket yourself:

http://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp

In the mean time, I recommend you all try using this method to clear CMOS:

http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=630&title=how-to-clear-cmos-via-battery-removal

And be sure to leave the system disconnected from power with the battery out for at least 1 hour. This should clear the UEFI settings completely and rule out corrupted values.

Let us know if it helps.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MunkeyBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by Superflu Superflu wrote:

Do you remember which Bios version you were on before this? 

I'm planning flashing 2.0 tonight to see if it fixes the problem. I think my board shipped with V2.1 installed, and I noticed the problems the first time I booted up the system.

And thanks for passing it along Xaltar, I've created a ticket with support and also linked it to this thread.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MunkeyBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 5:02pm
Going back as far as bios 1.70 didn't have any effect on my audio issues. Also the new bios didn't solve the issue.

Tried drivers ASRocked linked to in the support ticket, but same issues. I'm starting to think it might be a hardware issue. Front panel audio has the same issue and sounds like worse quality overall.

Last attempt to fix it will be taking out the motherboard from the case and running the mobo outside of the case to rule out interference. After this I will be packing up the third AM4 board that is going back to the shop..
Superflu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superflu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 6:37am
Originally posted by MunkeyBalls MunkeyBalls wrote:

Originally posted by Superflu Superflu wrote:

Do you remember which Bios version you were on before this? 

I'm planning flashing 2.0 tonight to see if it fixes the problem. I think my board shipped with V2.1 installed, and I noticed the problems the first time I booted up the system.

And thanks for passing it along Xaltar, I've created a ticket with support and also linked it to this thread.

Hi there. I`ve brought the board with v.1.50 and updated later to 1.64 and after to 2.20. On 9 may was released V.2.30, to which I made an instant update. The sound its ok now. The only issue 
remains those low speeds on m2 ultra - 4k seq with samsung 960 evo. Cheers
llamuh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote llamuh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 8:08am
I too am having a ton of crackle in my sound.  I have tried different audio sources (as in youtube, twitch, VLC player, Windows Media Player, etc), two sets of speakers and two sets of headphones.  I get crackle in both the front and rear jacks.  This is a brand new install so a fresh copy of Windows 10.  I have tried the Realtek drivers provided by ASRock and the newer Realtek drivers from their own website.  I was on BIOS 2.40 as it is the newest but downgraded to 2.30 since the previous person had luck with it.  No luck here.  I hope someone has a fix so I dont have to return this board!
CraazyCanuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraazyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 6:15am
Dido. Same issue with the added bonus of choppy sound in game.

Edit: Not just in game. Any audio has the choppiness or static interruptions.

Edited by CraazyCanuck - 30 May 2017 at 10:32pm
R5 1600 w/stock cooler
Fatality X370 K4
16gb Corsair Vengeance LPX
Evga Supernova G2 Gold 650
Patriot Hellfire 480gb M2
EVGA Geforce 1060 FTW 6gb
Phanteks Eclipse P400
Windows 10 64 bit
CraazyCanuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraazyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 10:58am
I removed the realtek audio driver so the system would run the default windows driver and the issue has gone away both for the rear and front audio.
R5 1600 w/stock cooler
Fatality X370 K4
16gb Corsair Vengeance LPX
Evga Supernova G2 Gold 650
Patriot Hellfire 480gb M2
EVGA Geforce 1060 FTW 6gb
Phanteks Eclipse P400
Windows 10 64 bit
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic