ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Windows 10 support for Z97M-ITX/ac

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wkcecil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Windows 10 support for Z97M-ITX/ac
    Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 10:52am
Hello all!

Just trying to confirm if my mobo, the z97m-ITX/ac will support Windows 10. I read on a Newegg review for the mobo that it does not, but I could not see anything else on the matter on other forums or websites. If it does not support Windows 10, will there be a planned bios update? Thank you.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 12:26pm
That's Newegg reviews for you, unbelievable... Shocked

You'd probably get better information by asking a random person walking down the street. I really think a fair amount of people troll post reviews on Newegg to plant the seeds of FUD. Nuke

Your board's download page currently has the first Windows 10 drivers from Intel available now:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z97M-ITXac/?cat=Download&os=Win1064

I've been running Windows 10 TP and RTM versions on my ASRock Z87, Z97, and X99 boards for weeks or months now. I've used native Windows 10 drivers and Windows 8.1 drivers with great results.

No BIOS/UEFI update is required for Windows 10, at least there have been none posted so far. Win 10 is closely related to Win 8 in the significant internal changes it has compared to Win 7. While we did see BIOS/UEFI updates for Win 8, there seems to be nothing new in Win 10 that calls for an update.

Think about it, how would it be possible for one of the latest chipsets from Intel, the Z97 used on your board, and the still new Haswell architecture processors that you use, to not support Win 10?

Why would Microsoft release a new OS/product that was not compatible with some of the latest hardware available? If the latest PC hardware cannot support it, what about all the older hardware still in use? Is all of that unusable with Win 10? Of course not.

You have nothing to worry about regarding support for Window 10 by your Z97M-ITX/ac board.
wkcecil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wkcecil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 3:18am
Thanks for the confirmation! I kind of didn't believe that it was not supported but just wanted to be reassured since I had trouble finding any information on this specific board.
Aonex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aonex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 1:03am
The board works fine with Win10 as long as you're not using a G3258.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic