ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Deskmini, no video

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deskmini, no video
    Posted: 01 May 2017 at 2:58am
Deskmini 100W
I7 7700t
BIOS P1.50, according to the sticker

I installed the processor. It powers up, but there's no video output through the HDMI cable. I reseated the RAM and tried another HDMI cable, and still no display. I'll get a VGA cable and try that tomorrow.

According to AsRock's CPU support list, the i7 7700t should work with the 1.50 bios . Is this correct?
aforumuser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aforumuser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 12:40am
May I ask, have you solved your problem?
With BIOS V7.00?

I'm asking because I'm aiming for the same combination, but I'm not sure whether the currently available units are already V7.00 - I have no other CPU to use for flashing if I get a V1.5 and it similarly does not work :-/

Edited by aforumuser - 21 Jun 2017 at 12:44am
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 8:05am
If ASRock has followed their UEFI/BIOS naming convention for their Intel 100 series boards, which would included the H110 chipset used in the DeskMini 110 series, the Kaby Lake processor compatible UEFI/BIOS versions begin with a '7', such as version 7.00.

Which means the 1.50 version will not support an Intel Kaby Lake processor. Also, currently I don't find any CPU Support lists for the DeskMini 110 series PCs.

It is well into 2017 now, and unless the retailer you use only has older production units, they should have Kaby Lake compatible UEFI versions from the factory. The UEFI/BIOS chip on the board has a label on it with the UEFI version number installed from the factory. That is the only way I'm aware of to determine the UEFI version in a board or PC like the DeskMini, it is not marked on the box.
PaulG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 10:18am
I ended up returning the Deskmini to Newegg.com. But first I tried installing an i7-6700 processor, but with the same results, no video. I wonder if the RAM I installed was defective. I used two new modules, and tried each one individually, but it's possible neither one is working.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by PaulG PaulG wrote:

I ended up returning the Deskmini to Newegg.com. But first I tried installing an i7-6700 processor, but with the same results, no video. I wonder if the RAM I installed was defective. I used two new modules, and tried each one individually, but it's possible neither one is working.

That is possible, but who knows? I use some Crucial 2400 memory in mine that works fine.
aforumuser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aforumuser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

Also, currently I don't find any CPU Support lists for the DeskMini 110 series PCs.
That is the only way I'm aware of to determine the UEFI version in a board or PC like the DeskMini, it is not marked on the box.

On the ASRock DeskMini 110 product page they say "Motherboard: ASRock H110M-STX (Mini-STX)"
On the homepage of this mainboards there's a CPU compatibility list:
http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H110M-STX/?cat=CPU
KabyLake requires P1.50 according to that list, which is probably wrong.

Further, if it's not marked on the outside of the box it is a gamble, I don't think my dealer will accept a return on a custom ordered piece of hardware.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic