ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bios no detecting Dual-channel memory

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 5:40am
pedre, if berner turns out to be correct, please report this to ASRock support.  What is your onboard hex display showing?  I can find little information on this (please ask support), but here is a link to some codes.  I could not find out what a "Good" POST code is (and no machine).  Perhaps POST is reporting the memory errors (many) but booting anyway so you can have a running machine.  I suggest you test your memory first as berner recommended.  Enjoy-really this is the fun part-, John.
pedre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pedre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 6:26am
Well first of all i dont have bios debug code so I could not check if it had any error.

Btw I did the module testing, first I tried both modules on A2 slot, both worked as expected and had no problems. then i tried on the slot B2 and had no POST, tried putting it back to A2 and still no POST.  It just got bricked?

Edit: Nvm it was bad connected, its working again but still have the memory problem. So I guess its the slot B2 that its broken, I think I may contact the retailer ASAP.

Edited by pedre - 05 May 2017 at 6:36am
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 8:17am
pedre, please post the code(s) you are seeing.  I posted a hyperlink in my last reply that has some POST codes as does the User Manual you DLed.  I hope you will contact ASRock Support and tell them about your sequence of events.  It does seem you have a bad B2 slot.  It is not recommended, but you could try A1 and B1 and see if Dual Channel is active.  I am glad to help and hope that I can and do.   Enjoy, John.
soleil14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soleil14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 8:58am
I also got this problem yesterday. Then I pulled out my 2 rams, clean them and reseated them. After that, my X370 taichi recognize Dual -Chanel Ram.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 9:50am
Originally posted by pedre pedre wrote:

Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Your memory. Can I guess and say it's 2 16GB(2x8GB) Kits, and not a matched 32GB (4x8GB Kit?

I checked RAM compatibility and should work fine with my asrock fatality ab350 k4

Sorry to say, your model of memory is not compatible according to Crucial:

You can check for yourself here: http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/ble2k8g4d26afea

It is common for memory that is not compatible, not configured correctly, or over clocked beyond the limits of the memory or memory controller, to only be partially recognized. That means it may be seen by some programs like CPU-Z, and partially recognized in the UEFI/BIOS, but it will not work correctly with Windows. Since only one DIMM is recognized as fully working, that is why you see single channel mode.

The XMP profile won't help you, since it was designed to work with Intel boards.

Memory compatibility is the biggest issue with Ryzen systems. The memory most likely to work uses memory chips made by Samsung. Since Crucial makes their own memory chips, they do not use Samsung memory chips.

Crucial states the memory is not compatible, but you MIGHT have a chance of getting it working, since one DIMM is working correctly.

Did you try both DIMMs in the A2 and B2 slots to be sure that both of them are working, and that one of them is not bad?

How are you configuring your memory in the UEFI/BIOS? Did you set the timings manually? Did you try increasing the DRAM voltage to 1.35V? Did you try setting the speed to 2133?

pedre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pedre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by MisterJ MisterJ wrote:

pedre, please post the code(s) you are seeing.  I posted a hyperlink in my last reply that has some POST codes as does the User Manual you DLed.  I hope you will contact ASRock Support and tell them about your sequence of events.  It does seem you have a bad B2 slot.  It is not recommended, but you could try A1 and B1 and see if Dual Channel is active.  I am glad to help and hope that I can and do.   Enjoy, John.

I'm sorry, my mobo (asrock fatality ab350 k4) does not have the debug code screen, I still thinking that its not normal that does not POST on B2 slot but I will try cleaning or changing them to A1 B1 as you said. 
pedre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pedre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

Sorry to say, your model of memory is not compatible according to Crucial:

You can check for yourself here: http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/ble2k8g4d26afea

Well I checked with one crucial compatible memory from the list and it says it not compatible either so I guess checking it from crucial its not very realiable. You can check it youself http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/ble4g4d26afea

Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

Did you try both DIMMs in the A2 and B2 slots to be sure that both of them are working, and that one of them is not bad?

How are you configuring your memory in the UEFI/BIOS? Did you set the timings manually? Did you try increasing the DRAM voltage to 1.35V? Did you try setting the speed to 2133?

Yes I tried both slots, A2 works fine with both ram modules, but B2 does not work (not even POST) like no ram was inserted at all, thats why I think it could be a malfunction.

I have all setting to Auto, I don't think it will be the solution but I will try with those setting when i get home. 

I also want to try connecting them on the A1 B1 slots, I know its not the recommended configuration, but could it work?

Thanks.
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 11:48pm
pedre, a simple pencil eraser works great on contacts.  I would also try one card in each slot.  I guess this could be a processor problem but more likely an MB problem.  Enjoy, John.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2017 at 4:10am
Originally posted by MisterJ MisterJ wrote:

pedre, a simple pencil eraser works great on contacts.  I would also try one card in each slot.  I guess this could be a processor problem but more likely an MB problem.  Enjoy, John.

Erasres is the slots will damage the tensioned "fingers' within.

And, if you ARE going to use an eraser on the mems fingers pull down on them one by one. NOT streak/run the eraser from end to end.

Yes I tried both slots, A2 works fine with both ram modules, but B2 does not work (not even POST) like no ram was inserted at all, thats why I think it could be a malfunction.

Sorry for not completely reading to this point .......

1. Do both sticks work in at leasr one slot, other than the bad one you have?

If so, I'd pull the CPU and look for bent and or missing pins. Most times if it's one slot that doesn't work it ends up being pin related. I know. That sucks, but .........

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2017 at 4:13am

Yea, now I've read through this.

This sound like you have a processor pin(s) that aren't making contact for one reason or another.

Too, sometimes the simple act of re-seating the CPU works too. Given no bad pins .......
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic