ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bios no detecting Dual-channel memory

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pedre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bios no detecting Dual-channel memory
    Posted: 05 May 2017 at 3:26am
So basically I recently finished my ryzen build and im concerned because windows detects 16Gb but only half of the ram is usable.

After looking what could be the problem I noticed that the bios is showing the ram running at single-channel mode which makes no sense. 

I'm running with lastest bios and drivers. Somebody have any idea why is happening?

Thank you.

Edited by pedre - 05 May 2017 at 3:27am
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 3:44am
pedre, my system is not running right now, so I cannot look in my BIOS.  There is a setting to disable Dual Channel.  Try looking for that, or go to the Exit page and click "Load UEFI defaults", also F9.
Enjoy, John.
pedre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pedre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 3:47am
Originally posted by MisterJ MisterJ wrote:

pedre, my system is not running right now, so I cannot look in my BIOS.  There is a setting to disable Dual Channel.  Try looking for that, or go to the Exit page and click "Load UEFI defaults", also F9.
Enjoy, John.

Thanks for the fast answer, I tryed to find something like the option you say but I couldn't find it. I will try the uefi defaults and will report if it works.

Edit: I just tryed it, but not worked at all :( . Do you think it could be some kind of manufacturing defect?

Edited by pedre - 05 May 2017 at 3:53am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 3:52am
Your memory. Can I guess and say it's 2 16GB(2x8GB) Kits, and not a matched 32GB (4x8GB Kit?
pedre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pedre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 3:57am
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Your memory. Can I guess and say it's 2 16GB(2x8GB) Kits, and not a matched 32GB (4x8GB Kit?

I checked RAM compatibility and should work fine with my asrock fatality ab350 k4
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 4:24am
wardog, the screenshot shows two 8GB sticks.  The link shows BLE2K8G4D26AFEA (2x8GB) which is not on the Qualified list.  Can this be the problem?
pedre, have you run CPU-Z to see what it says?
Enjoy, John.

pedre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pedre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 4:33am

wardog, the screenshot shows two 8GB sticks.  The link shows BLE2K8G4D26AFEA (2x8GB) which is not on the Qualified list.  Can this be the problem?
pedre, have you run CPU-Z to see what it says?
Enjoy, John.

CPU-Z seems to detect it well, but look how it looks on windows task manager (sorry its in spanish)

basically 8 Gb reserved for hardware i dont know why

Edit: About the ram compatibiliy the list shows compatbility with BLE4G4D26AFEA.8FAD modules which are exacly the same than mines but 4Gb

Edited by pedre - 05 May 2017 at 5:16am
berner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 5:14am
The exact same thing happend to me. 
Turned out one stick was faulty but still showed up in the bios and CPU Z. 
It also showed 8gb reserved for hardware. 
I'm pretty sure if you try your ram sticks one at the time you will find that one works fine and the other won't even go to the BIOS.

Edited by berner - 05 May 2017 at 5:15am
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 5:16am
Really interesting, pedre.  On the system I am using (non Ryzen), I show Hardware reserved: 113 MB.  I am not familiar with your processor.  Does it have an APU (built in graphics processor)?   I see you are running the memory at 2400 MHz.  Do you have a XMP active?  What BIOS are you running?  Don't know it will help, but consider updating your BIOS.  I assume you are under 64 bit W10.  Hopefully someone will comment on the discrepancy between BIOS and CPU-Z.  I also suggest you send an e-mail to ASRock.  Enjoy and good luck, John.
pedre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pedre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 5:21am

Really interesting, pedre.  On the system I am using (non Ryzen), I show Hardware reserved: 113 MB.  I am not familiar with your processor.  Does it have an APU (built in graphics processor)?   I see you are running the memory at 2400 MHz.  Do you have a XMP active?  What BIOS are you running?  Don't know it will help, but consider updating your BIOS.  I assume you are under 64 bit W10.  Hopefully someone will comment on the discrepancy between BIOS and CPU-Z.  I also suggest you send an e-mail to ASRock.  Enjoy and good luck, John.

No this is just the CPU no graphics integrated, also it seems to have a xmp profile active but its set to auto in bios settings so I can't disable it. i tryed updating to lastest bios (v. 2.50). 

Thanks for help MisterJ.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic