ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 Taichi cold boot issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vilekon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X370 Taichi cold boot issue
    Posted: 06 May 2017 at 11:28pm
I have a new Taichi build and I have some issues booting up after a shutdown and the PC stays off for a few minutes.

Motherboard: ASRock X370 Taichi 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 1800X 

Memory: 16GB GDDR5 G.Skill f4-2400c15d-8gvr 8x2 

GPU: MSI RX 580 Gaming X 8GB 

Driver: Crimson 17.4.3 

All UEFI settings are on default and on AUTO

Board came with 1.60 originally, put it together booted up fine installed windows. First night just played a bit of Star Citizen no issues, went to bed and work the next day. Boots up fine and did the same thing but started to see graphical glitches on the screen after I closed SC and then it froze and shut down.

I restart it and Dr Debug runs through the codes and ends up staying on 62. I unplug the PC and use the Clear CMOS button in the back. Restart and get the same code. I use the jumpers and get the same code.

Then I reseated the memory and GPU as well as clear the CMOS. Boots up fine. I run a few stress tests for about an hour and everything is OK so far. Then I shut down for the night.

Next morning boot up the PC error code 62 again. Go through the whole process again. Boots ok after unplugging reseating the memory and gpu.

I updated the bios to 2.20. Restarted and update seemed fine. Shut down the PC and went to take a shower and came back turned it on and boom error code 62.

Reseat the ram and GPU and clear CMOS again and it boots up. Now I'm afraid/annoyed to shut down just because its a pain in the butt to get this thing rebooted.

Anyone have any ideas what could be wrong?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic