ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

970 extreme 4 memory problem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
adnan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adnan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2017 at 2:18pm
HI im totally new to this forum i had to reach out here because the asrock customer support weren't replying back to me. < ="application/x-dap-" id="DAPPlugin" style="visibility: collapse">
so the problem is like this i have a 970 extreme 4 motherboard and 4 chips of hyper x fury 8gb 1866mhz.
at first i had 2 chips installed and system was working great with no problems whatsoever. even the cpuz id showed 1866 mhz.
then i purchased 2 more to make it to 32 gb. i installed them and they worked flawlessly for about a week.
one day i decided to shutdown my pc and when restarted it later it wouldnt start and gave an error "4f".
i tried everything and it wouldnt budge so i removed the new memory sticks since that was the last modification to the system and it started working again. 
at first i thought that the chips were the problem but then i replaced the old ones with the new ones and they worked aswell even under load. even under other sockets they work fine
now whenever i try to install another chip the bios crashes instantly or would load partially but keep throwing errors. i manually set the memory to 1866 and tried again and still the errors.
also now im rocking only the first 2 chips with the stock auto settings but now the cpuz id is showing only 931.3 instead of where it used to show 1866
hope someone here help me figure out a solution to this
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic