ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 Fatal1ty Gaming K4 voltage CPU-Z

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MunkeyBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X370 Fatal1ty Gaming K4 voltage CPU-Z
    Posted: 08 May 2017 at 5:10pm
Anyone else got weird voltages in CPU-Z / HWMonitor?

For me it's showing 2,65v on the vcore when it's set to 1.306 in Bios (which the bios shows as current voltage)

HWInfo and the F-Stream utility shows the correct value (around 1.306).
I've had Gigabyte motherboards before this and these didn't have this problem.

Temps are fine

Should I be worried, or is this a problem on CPU-z's part?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 6:20pm
I take it the Gigabyte boards were AM4 too?

The issue is coming from the fact that Ryzen is an entirely new platform with a completely new architecture. Monitoring apps have not properly caught up to the changes so these inaccurate readings will be corrected in subsequent updates to monitoring apps. Each manufacturer would have gone about temp sensors in a slightly different way and because it is a new platform the (3rd party) developers that release their monitoring apps have no way to know exactly how it works until they get data back from the field. Whenever people submit a validation on CPUz for example, this kind of info is included in the data sent to their site. It then takes them time to analyze this data and update the monitoring apps.

F-Stream is accurate, ASRock know exactly how their sensors are set up so the readings will be correct. This data is harvested from sensors on the board, each manufacturer will have their own unique layout, sensor model preference and design so their branded monitoring tools will be designed to work with their products. The problem with these tools is that they tend to be more limited than 3rd party offerings and also are restricted to the products they are designed for so for comparative purposes on say a forum, people will prefer a common 3rd party app that works on everything.

So all in all, no, you have nothing to worry about, it will just take some time before all current board models are accommodated by 3rd party monitoring apps Wink
Dogmifier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogmifier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by MunkeyBalls MunkeyBalls wrote:

Anyone else got weird voltages in CPU-Z / HWMonitor?

For me it's showing 2,65v on the vcore when it's set to 1.306 in Bios (which the bios shows as current voltage)

HWInfo and the F-Stream utility shows the correct value (around 1.306).
I've had Gigabyte motherboards before this and these didn't have this problem.

Temps are fine

Should I be worried, or is this a problem on CPU-z's part?

I have this same situation...I'm betting it's as the second poster said.

I played video games for hours over the weekend..no issues....so I suspect don't worry applies here.
X99X Fata1ity
16GB Crucial
1200W Corsair
evga GTX 1080
Samsung 950 Pro
MunkeyBalls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MunkeyBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

I take it the Gigabyte boards were AM4 too?

The issue is coming from the fact that Ryzen is an entirely new platform with a completely new architecture. Monitoring apps have not properly caught up to the changes so these inaccurate readings will be corrected in subsequent updates to monitoring apps. Each manufacturer would have gone about temp sensors in a slightly different way and because it is a new platform the (3rd party) developers that release their monitoring apps have no way to know exactly how it works until they get data back from the field. Whenever people submit a validation on CPUz for example, this kind of info is included in the data sent to their site. It then takes them time to analyze this data and update the monitoring apps.

F-Stream is accurate, ASRock know exactly how their sensors are set up so the readings will be correct. This data is harvested from sensors on the board, each manufacturer will have their own unique layout, sensor model preference and design so their branded monitoring tools will be designed to work with their products. The problem with these tools is that they tend to be more limited than 3rd party offerings and also are restricted to the products they are designed for so for comparative purposes on say a forum, people will prefer a common 3rd party app that works on everything.

So all in all, no, you have nothing to worry about, it will just take some time before all current board models are accommodated by 3rd party monitoring apps Wink

Thanks you very much for the detailed response, I expected as much but just wanted to validate my expectations :) 

And yes, the Gigabyte boards were also AM4 boards.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 7:39pm
Happy to help Wink

We see questions like this a lot since Ryzen launched.

Quote And yes, the Gigabyte boards were also AM4 boards.

ASRock's boards will likely be included in updates from all the popular 3rd party monitoring apps soon now that Ryzen has been out for a while. Unfortunately that is out of ASRock's control, or any manufacturer's for that matter. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic