ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - AB350M PRO4 and Ryzen 5 - Temps and Vcore issue
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350M PRO4 and Ryzen 5 - Temps and Vcore issue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aoutp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AB350M PRO4 and Ryzen 5 - Temps and Vcore issue
    Posted: 12 May 2017 at 2:14am
Hi there,

I'm coming to you because I really don't know what to do, I'm completely lost. No matter what monitoring software I am using (HWinfo, CPUID Hardware Monitor, Ryzen Master) I am always recording unusually high vcores and temperatures values.

I'm using the AB350M PRO4 with a r5 1500x@stock frequencies and voltage.

Here's a sample of the voltages and temperatures I have been recording. And yes, this is actually 10Ghz...

So here I am... I have tried every single bios update you can see; I've tried to check every single thread on the internet but I couldn't find anything.

I need to mention that I did not overclock or change anything in the BIOS, everything is running at stock volatages and frequencies. Also the system is 100% stable, never had crash.

Regarding the temperature, it is very weird because I can see jumps from 30C to 55C in a fraction of a second before it goes back to 30C or 40C, and this happens when I'm not doing anything except maybe opening a new webpage.

Is it possible that this is simply a case of faulty voltages/temperature sensors in the motherboard ? If yes, can these faulty sensors also affect the frequencies that are displayed ?

I really need your help because I don't know where else I can get relevant information.

Thanks a lot !
Kevin A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 2:38am
A couple of things may help a little. First, update your Hardware Info from v5.50 to v5.51. It is a bit more accurate.

Second, have you installed Ryzen Master? If not, install it and check to see what it reports as far as temps and the like.

Hopefully one of those suggestions may yield more accurate readings. No guarantees though. Also recognize some of these monitoring/reading/bench utilities haven't been updated fully or tweaked for AM4/Ryzen as of yet. Otherwise, your system is stable! No crashes, so you have that going for you.
SiX-P4cK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiX-P4cK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 2:38am
It's normal i think.

When i launch prime95 i jump from 32° to 60° in 1 second.

So with a browser like chrome who is very multi-tread app, it's possible it you have a lot of tabs and extensions + anti-virus in real mode.

For the vcore, the auto-mode is very generous in voltage and can send 1.5V during a short moment. I suppose it's not too risky if constructor did it, as long as it is not permanent.

Edited by SiX-P4cK - 12 May 2017 at 2:40am
AMD R7-1700 @3.85Ghz 1.33V + Noctua NH-D15S
ASRock AB350 Pro4
G.Skill Ripjaws V Kit 2x8GB @3066 16-18-18-39
AMD Radeon RX 480 MSI GAMING X 4Go
Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD M.2 2280
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 2:58am
to be honest

10 ghz ????????????

i think thats definately in correct report

other wise my friend you have set a new world record LOL
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
Aoutp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aoutp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 3:05am
Thanks for your replies guys !

@Kevin A

Yes I did install Ryzen Master and I observed a couple of very strange things.

1. It eats A LOT of CPU ressources. To give you an idea, my CPU usage is close to 1 or 2% with just google chrome, Opera, steam and Skype opened. It jumps all the way to 10-15% with Ryzen Master open and one of the threads is actually almost saturated (~90% usage). A the same time I see temps reaching 60C on Ryzen Master. And I mean I just got Ryzen Master open; i don't even try to tweak anything, I literally just have it open.

As soon as I close Ryzen Master everything goes back to normal, low CPU usage etc...

2. I downloaded the latest HWInfo version and after around ~10 minutes or so of light usage, the average Vcore voltage was still around 1.4 on average !

Now as SixPack mentionned it, it's normal for a CPU to have peaks around 1.5, but we're talking here about an average of 1.4 (when it should be around 1.3).

Once again when it comes to the system stability, my system is super stable, never had any throttling issues or anything, it's only these monitoring tools that are displaying those super high voltages.

@SixPack Alright if you got the same temp jumps then I assume there's no reason to get worried. Do you also see the same jumps when you open chrome ?

Aoutp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aoutp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 3:06am
Originally posted by datonyb datonyb wrote:

to be honest

10 ghz ????????????

i think thats definately in correct report

other wise my friend you have set a new world record LOL

Yeah that 10Ghz is out of this world :D (especially @stock frequencies lol) That's one of the things that lead me to believe that there's an issue with my motherboard sensors !
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 3:20am
there could be a weird and wonderful cure /solution

hear me out .....................

another post states the new bios version allows p state overclocking
(may i suggest if your looking for tighter control on the volts )
to set the pstate 0
to your required vcore and cpu speed

i have a list of the hex code values for any given vcore you may wish
mine is at a very solid 1.30 volts (which is hex code 27)
1.356v is hex code 1f

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
Aoutp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aoutp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 4:04am
@DaytonB

Thanks !! I'll have a look at this during the week end !
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 4:17am
Originally posted by Aoutp Aoutp wrote:

@DaytonB

Thanks !! I'll have a look at this during the week end !

here a youtube video as a guide to overclocking(or underclocking) using p states
the format is a taichi but the bios page for p states is the same as the new pro4

he also lists in the description all the different settings to enter for any given cpu speed and voltage

its the guide i used to set mine up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52Tw-wcT7o4

Kevin A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by datonyb datonyb wrote:

here a youtube video as a guide to overclocking(or underclocking) using p states
the format is a taichi but the bios page for p states is the same as the new pro4

he also lists in the description all the different settings to enter for any given cpu speed and voltage

its the guide i used to set mine up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52Tw-wcT7o4

Great link to that video. It even gave me more than a project this weekend, it gave me enough pointers to run my 1800x at (now)@4.0ghz/@1.375volts/@LLC3. I recently changed my TIM on my air cooler (Noctua) and changed fans to better manage temps so I ran a stress overnight - all stable at 55C. I'll give the P-States a try after I read up a bit and watch 'how to' video's.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic