ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350 Pro4 No LLC?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingnubian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AB350 Pro4 No LLC?
    Posted: 15 May 2017 at 3:09am
I have the AB350 Pro4 bios 2.5. There is no Load Line Calibration (LLC or Vdroop) option or even voltage offset btw. I understand that this is a B350 based motherboard but does this option exist and if not is there any plans of including this option?
TAMW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TAMW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 3:40am
Us matx AB350M Pro4 guys are with you, man..

LLC and SoC voltage control are the two things I really need for this board. And of course better memory support.

Lets hope for some good updates in the near future :)
Spawne32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spawne32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 5:44am
Agreed, with how good the bios is, im surprised there was no LLC.
kingnubian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingnubian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 8:40am
Originally posted by Spawne32 Spawne32 wrote:

Agreed, with how good the bios is, im surprised there was no LLC.

My point exactly. I know that the B350 is very capable but differences had to be made so not to impact sales of the X370 based boards. But why make LLC part of those differences? 
TAMW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TAMW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by kingnubian kingnubian wrote:

But why make LLC part of those differences? 

I don't know that they are planned differences, the whole platform seems prematurely released if you ask me.. They probably focus the bulk of their time for adding such features on the expensive top end boards first.

We'll probably get the features later on, thats my guess. And hope :P
CatBlues View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 4:21am
Registered just to say I also hope LLC settings are brought to the AB350M Pro4. It's kind of stupid when I know my PC is stable at a certain voltage under stress and have it idle at +32mV AngryAngryAngry

Please Asrock, give us some more control over our voltage.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 7:03am
I do not work for ASRock. As such the following opinion is mine. And mine alone.

I don't see it happening on an ~$80.00USD motherboard. The components are not likely up to the task.

For the sake of arguing let's say the board did get LLC settings. The next ting you and I would be reading is why the h*** did ASRock give me LLC setting if voltage regulators run hot due to "now' sub-par VR cooling heat sinks?

Thats my point in pointing out it is after all Sub $80.00. Not that any corners got cut, only that the components on the board run parallel with price. That's where IMO the differences exist. Not that it isn't as advertised.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic