ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z170 OC Formula Boot problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeorgeMnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z170 OC Formula Boot problem
    Posted: 16 May 2017 at 11:12am
Hey guys, I have changed my boot option to the ultra fast mode, everything runs fine, I installed the windows in the correct way and when I boot my pc it runs normally.
However, after I turn my pc off and turn it on again, the boot option reverts back to fast, so if I want the ultra fast option, I have to go to the BIOS and change it manually every time I turn my pc on.
Is there anything I can do to prevent it from reverting to the Fast option and sticking to the Ultra Fast?

Thanks a lot in advance :)
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 12:00pm
Does your graphics card(?) have a GOP/EFI BIOS installed? Doesn't appear it does.
GeorgeMnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeorgeMnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 12:07pm
Hmm, I don't think I have installed this. Do you know where I can download it? If it helps, I'm using a ASUS Strix GTX 1080 TI

Thanks for helping!
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 12:32pm
Ok. An ASUS Strix GTX 1080 TI. Nice card btw Cry

CSM is probably Enabled

Follow parsec's posts beginning at ......
http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3773&PID=18864&title=j3455itx-bios-csm-boot-issue#18864
GeorgeMnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeorgeMnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 12:49pm
Nice, will try doing that. If I read that right, I need to change the settings on my BIOS in the CSM option to Disabled, right?
Do I need to download anything else?

Thanks a lot :)
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 7:02pm
No nothing, it looks like just change CSM to Disabled.

Well, that and you must install the OS in UEFI Mode of course.
GeorgeMnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeorgeMnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 1:10pm
Hey dude, I searched in my BIOS and when I go to the boot menu there isn't any CSM option. It's quite weird because in the manual they tell that the CSM option is inside the boot menu (in the BIOS). Do I need to update it or something? The CSM option is the only option that's not there.

Again, thanks a lot for helping :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic