ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

nvme boot drive vanished

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote General Shrooms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: nvme boot drive vanished
    Posted: 17 May 2017 at 3:30pm
I built a new pc with x370 taichi and 1700x with a bpx nvme drive for boot. I installed windows 10 but then the pc would randomly crash (complete freeze and have to hard reset). I read that it might be the video card so I update the drivers in safe mode because it kept crashing while attempting to install the drivers previously. After the video card drivers install I reboot and download "AMD all in 1 driver ver:16.50.2601" from the motherboard's page. Once it finished I restarted the pc and then it booted straight to the uefi and the bpx drive was gone. Now I have no idea what to do to get the nvme drive detected again. Any thoughts?
Atan87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atan87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 5:55pm
I can see this happening if you up the base frequency, nvme drives do not like this.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic