ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

G3258 on Windows 10

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2015 at 10:17am
Originally posted by tiges tiges wrote:

Originally posted by ASRock_TSD ASRock_TSD wrote:

To kevinracer:

Please flash the BIOS to P1.80 as the link:
http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Fatal1ty%20B85%20Killer/?cat=Beta

Kindest Regards,
ASRock TSD

New BIOS disable OC or not?

It's disable OC Option in BIOS.
marshrootizator View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote marshrootizator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2015 at 9:16pm
A solvation found. Flashed bios to Beta 2.10 , then installed Win10 Home SL, used this manual on my Asrock H81 Pro BTC + Pentium G3258, downgraded to BIOS 2.0. Everything works fine, OC function enabled, Non-Z OC  works fine. Hope Intel and Microsoft won't patch this little hack. 

Thnx to Cetus35
"Hi all,
I've found a 'solution' (until Intel and Microsoft get off their a** and fix it) and it's amazingly simple, no registry editing, waiting for a BIOS update, changing Windows settings to try to disable the core for a second then re-enable it, or anything. 
It's simply changing the name of a single file. Hard to believe but true.
I not only re-enabled the 2nd CPU core (now I have both, as it should be) but I re-applied my overclock and have experienced no problems whatsoever. 
It appeared that the only way most G3258 CPU owners were getting Windows 10 to install were either disabling 1 core in the BIOS or removing all overclocking settings (using 3.20GHz with Adaptive voltage (all stock, in other words)) or both.
Here's how to fix the problem for now:
1) Either disable one core of the CPU in the BIOS or remove all OC and return to stock settings or both. Whatever it takes to install Windows 10 successfully.
2) Once booted into Windows 10, navigate to C:\Windows\System32 and find the file named 'mcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll'.
3) All you have to do is rename it. Most posts I've read say it's safe to just delete it but I prefer renaming it. Just add .old or .bak to the end of the filename. 
So it would look like 'mcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll.OLD' or 'mcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll.BAK' (or 'mcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll.MyStupidCat' will also work  )
4) You will have to temporarily change permissions on the file to change the name since it's a system file and will say 'File Access Denied' when you try to rename it (or do anything with it, really)
Change the permissions:
(Credit: © 2015 Sergey Tkachenko at WinAero.com)
There are pictures on that site if you prefer to go there and do it that way, but I'll just describe it with steps.
This may seem like a lot of steps but it's necessary for someone who has no previous experience working with file permissions. For those who are, just set permissions as usual to allow renaming of the specified file.
1) Right-click on the file whose permissions you wish to change ('mcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll', in this case)
2) Select Properties then click on the Security tab.
3) Click on the Advanced button. A window named 'Advanced Security Settings for Data' will open.
4) Here you need to change the Owner of the file. Initially it should say the Owner is 'TrustedInstaller'.
5) Click the blue letters just to the right of that that says 'Change'.
6) A small window named 'Select User or Group' will open.
7) You will need to select a User or Group. There are a couple of ways to do this and this step may cause some confusion but here's how I do it: 
a) Type your name or whatever the name is of the current user (click the Start button at the very lower left of the Desktop and the name is at the very top of the left column) into the box that is named 'Enter the object name to select'. The spelling must be exact.
b) Click on the Check Names button. It should then show the name of your computer plus the name you just entered.
c) Click OK.
8) Now you will provide yourself full access to the file. (which will allow the renaming of the file without the Access Denied message)
9) Close all the remaining open dialog boxes by clicking OK on each of them.
10) Right-click the file (mcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll) once more. Select Properties then click on the Security tab.
11) Click the Add button and the box from before named 'Permission Entry for Data' will open.
12) Click on the blue letters that say 'Select a Principal'. Once again the small Select User or Group box will open.
13) Again type in your name or the name of the current user (same as before) and click Check Names then OK.
14) This will take you back to the box named 'Permission Entry for Data'. 
15) Make sure there is a check mark in Full Control then click OK and OK again to close all open dialog boxes.
You can now rename the file.
After renaming it, reboot the computer and enter the BIOS to re-enable the CPU core that was disabled which allowed the installation of Windows 10. 
You can now also re-apply any overclocking settings that you wish if you do so inside the BIOS. I prefer this method but it's not necessary at this time if you use a utility such as Intel XTU (Intel Extreme Overclocking Utility) to set overclock settings from within Windows.
That's it. 
Windows 10 will now boot normally with both cores of the G3
258 CPU enabled and any overclocking you wish to add".
MacikaG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MacikaG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 3:14pm
Thank you for the new BIOS for my B85M Pro4.
Is there any chance later to overclock the CPU under win10?

/on my computer the solution above is not working. win10 wasn't installed despite only 1 core. Boot loop remains until I upgrade to the new BIOS./

Edited by MacikaG - 11 Aug 2015 at 3:24pm
camomatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote camomatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by MacikaG MacikaG wrote:

Thank you for the new BIOS for my B85M Pro4.
Is there any chance later to overclock the CPU under win10?

/on my computer the solution above is not working. win10 wasn't installed despite only 1 core. Boot loop remains until I upgrade to the new BIOS./
According to parsec in the OC Tweaker Screen topic,
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

Originally posted by camomatt camomatt wrote:

Is it possible that they'll update the BIOS to enable Non-Z overclocking again? Or are we stuck with the choices of reverting to an old version of Windows or going without the OC?
There is zero chance of that happening, sorry to say. Intel took their battle against this to Microsoft, which helped them win the war it seems.
Now I fixed my problem (and will be updating my post in the topic), but it involved me going back to BIOS version 2.10 and renaming the file mentioned above.

First I changed the file name (I already had Windows 10 installed and no changes to my CPU settings). Then I ran the Windows executable for the 2.10 BIOS update. I rebooted the computer, entered Windows, and edited my OC settings in A-Tuner.
Asrock H81M-ITX, Intel Pentium G3258 (4.1GHz), GTX 750, 8GB RAM

Asrock Z77 Extreme 4, Intel i7 3770 (4.1GHz), 2x GTX 980, 16GB RAM
steveowashere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steveowashere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2015 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by marshrootizator marshrootizator wrote:

A solvation found. Flashed bios to Beta 2.10 , then installed Win10 Home SL, used this manual on my Asrock H81 Pro BTC + Pentium G3258, downgraded to BIOS 2.0. Everything works fine, OC function enabled, Non-Z OC  works fine. Hope Intel and Microsoft won't patch this little hack. 

Thnx to Cetus35
"Hi all,
I've found a 'solution' (until Intel and Microsoft get off their a** and fix it) and it's amazingly simple, no registry editing, waiting for a BIOS update, changing Windows settings to try to disable the core for a second then re-enable it, or anything. 
It's simply changing the name of a single file. Hard to believe but true.
I not only re-enabled the 2nd CPU core (now I have both, as it should be) but I re-applied my overclock and have experienced no problems whatsoever. 
It appeared that the only way most G3258 CPU owners were getting Windows 10 to install were either disabling 1 core in the BIOS or removing all overclocking settings (using 3.20GHz with Adaptive voltage (all stock, in other words)) or both.
Here's how to fix the problem for now:
1) Either disable one core of the CPU in the BIOS or remove all OC and return to stock settings or both. Whatever it takes to install Windows 10 successfully.
2) Once booted into Windows 10, navigate to C:\Windows\System32 and find the file named 'mcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll'.
3) All you have to do is rename it. Most posts I've read say it's safe to just delete it but I prefer renaming it. Just add .old or .bak to the end of the filename. 
So it would look like 'mcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll.OLD' or 'mcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll.BAK' (or 'mcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll.MyStupidCat' will also work  )
4) You will have to temporarily change permissions on the file to change the name since it's a system file and will say 'File Access Denied' when you try to rename it (or do anything with it, really)
Change the permissions:
(Credit: © 2015 Sergey Tkachenko at WinAero.com)
There are pictures on that site if you prefer to go there and do it that way, but I'll just describe it with steps.
This may seem like a lot of steps but it's necessary for someone who has no previous experience working with file permissions. For those who are, just set permissions as usual to allow renaming of the specified file.
1) Right-click on the file whose permissions you wish to change ('mcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll', in this case)
2) Select Properties then click on the Security tab.
3) Click on the Advanced button. A window named 'Advanced Security Settings for Data' will open.
4) Here you need to change the Owner of the file. Initially it should say the Owner is 'TrustedInstaller'.
5) Click the blue letters just to the right of that that says 'Change'.
6) A small window named 'Select User or Group' will open.
7) You will need to select a User or Group. There are a couple of ways to do this and this step may cause some confusion but here's how I do it: 
a) Type your name or whatever the name is of the current user (click the Start button at the very lower left of the Desktop and the name is at the very top of the left column) into the box that is named 'Enter the object name to select'. The spelling must be exact.
b) Click on the Check Names button. It should then show the name of your computer plus the name you just entered.
c) Click OK.
8) Now you will provide yourself full access to the file. (which will allow the renaming of the file without the Access Denied message)
9) Close all the remaining open dialog boxes by clicking OK on each of them.
10) Right-click the file (mcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll) once more. Select Properties then click on the Security tab.
11) Click the Add button and the box from before named 'Permission Entry for Data' will open.
12) Click on the blue letters that say 'Select a Principal'. Once again the small Select User or Group box will open.
13) Again type in your name or the name of the current user (same as before) and click Check Names then OK.
14) This will take you back to the box named 'Permission Entry for Data'. 
15) Make sure there is a check mark in Full Control then click OK and OK again to close all open dialog boxes.
You can now rename the file.
After renaming it, reboot the computer and enter the BIOS to re-enable the CPU core that was disabled which allowed the installation of Windows 10. 
You can now also re-apply any overclocking settings that you wish if you do so inside the BIOS. I prefer this method but it's not necessary at this time if you use a utility such as Intel XTU (Intel Extreme Overclocking Utility) to set overclock settings from within Windows.
That's it. 
Windows 10 will now boot normally with both cores of the G3
258 CPU enabled and any overclocking you wish to add".

Can confirm this works very well on B85M BTC. Currently running Windows 10 on Bios 1.50. G3258 Oc'd to 4.2 @ 1.150v. I suggest anyone who tries this to look very closely at which Windows updates are being installed. To make sure MS doesn't patch this. 
ZinovievBG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZinovievBG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2015 at 3:56pm
Hello. Today i  tried to install Windows 10, i have G3258 and i have problem with instalation. After that i remember for this problem with G3258 and i just upgrade my bios to P2.10 on AsRock H81 PRO BTC. And now i dont have OC settings. My qusetion is: Do you work with this problem and the next bios will have OC settings and support Windows 10? And now how i can downgrade to bios P2.0?
Sorry for my bad english
Xeno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xeno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2015 at 7:52am
I have a PC with Intel G3258 on an ASRock Pro3 motherboard purchased Jan 2015. It was happily running Windows 7 Home. I want to update it to Windows 10 and for this purpose, I updated the BIOS to 2.10. Now Windows refuses to start at all!  I have tried startup repair: no success. I have restored the computer to before the BIOS update. It still won't boot. What do I do next? Do I need to reinstall Windows?
rock_fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rock_fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2016 at 10:01am
hello,

I have asrock h81m-hds mother board and use intel pentium g3258 cpu.
The thing is after I installed graphic driver from asrock (and intel), the monitor went blank.
I'm using windows 7 32 bit,
overcloked to 4.2 g, stable

Please help me find solution. It would be great if I could get my asrock mobo works.
I'm thanking you in advance.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2016 at 11:47am
Originally posted by rock_fan rock_fan wrote:

hello,

I have asrock h81m-hds mother board and use intel pentium g3258 cpu.
The thing is after I installed graphic driver from asrock (and intel), the monitor went blank.
I'm using windows 7 32 bit,
overcloked to 4.2 g, stable

Please help me find solution. It would be great if I could get my asrock mobo works.
I'm thanking you in advance.

Which graphics driver did you install? Where did you get it from? Please be specific about the driver version.

You must be careful choosing the graphics driver for the G3258, it has a different graphics core in it than other Haswell processors.

You can get the PC working again by starting Windows 7 in Safe Mode and in Device Manager select the Roll Back driver option for the Intel graphics under the Display Adapters entry, in the Driver tab.

This is a guide to starting your PC in safe mode:

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/ss/safe-mode-windows-7.htm

A graphics driver that will work with Windows 7 32bit and the G3258 can be found below. Be sure to download the 32bit version:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25588/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-15-36-
felixjoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote felixjoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2019 at 1:06pm
Tweakbox is Associate in Nursing outsider application installer which inspires iOS shoppers to achieve admittance to Cydia applications, hacked recreations, transfer Paid iOS applications for nothing, and alternative outsider applications while not Jailbreaking their gadgets.

https://tweakboxx.org/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic