ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Windows 10/Bios Update Fail

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igendreau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Windows 10/Bios Update Fail
    Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 8:18pm
So I upgraded to Windows 10.  Everything went smooth and easy.  Windows 10 was working great except that every time I booted, I got a message telling me XFast Lan wasn't installed.  So I fired up the ASRock App Store which immediately prompted me that there was a BIOS update available.  Silly me, thinking I should update that to the latest version...

Now when I start my computer, I get the prompt asking me to choose which Windows install I want to load: Windows 7, or Windows 7.  Picking one of them takes me to a blue screen of death and reboot so quick I can't read it.  Picking the other takes me to a Windows Failed To Start error screen with a: 

Info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.

Any tips on how I should try to get this machine booting again? 
Orbiting234 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orbiting234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 12:45am
BIOS update may have reset your drive's AHCI setting.  Set it to whatever you originally had it when you installed Windows (either Legacy IDE or AHCI) and it should boot like normal.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic