ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock BIOS and 3200 mhz! boot-time

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x58haze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 12:14am
Yeah sorry for posting 2-3 comments in a row, but there is not deleted option :/. but I did take your advise, and yeah this a thermaltake case v9 edition, has in the up of the case a 240mm fan big one, also in the left chase, has another 240mm, in front of the case at the bottom has one of 120mm, and it use to have a 120mm in the rear case, but I damage that by mistake, and now i don't have a rear fan

So at moment is:
240mm in the upper
240mm at left chasis
120mm at front of chasis
Ryzen 1600 stock cooler

Also it seems that these big 240 fans gets damage easily like start to lost speed.. even if I tried to put oil 3/1 on it, is not a good case thought

Now I discovery yesterday bro, by watching Tech/City youtuber that he uploaded a video with the same motherboard and cpu like me, he manage to raise cpu clock to 3.8 ghz with 1.33125 voltages
Also he put their rams to 2667 MHZ, i did all too but i changes my timmings to 16-15-15-15-36 and put all voltages on auto except the dram that is 1.350 like him

Now the thing i discovery was that, he changes the default of VDDP from 0.945 to something like 1.015, i always use to have that option on AUTO, so i was like testing my boot speed with the memory training auto/off with the 2666mhz, and boot time was more slow like 7 seconds to reach to bios.

Then i try to reduce the VDPP only back to 0.945 and you see what? it improve the boot time, to 5sec to reach to bios, like when using 2133 mhz, then i went to Cynebench, stress the cpu, and i manage to achieve 1220 score, temps were between 65/68, the open gl improve from 92fps to 108fps

I tested my gpu on Heaven 4.0 engiene, didn't see an improvement, still 850 points score, i think im getting 850 points because I ended up updating my gtx 580 to last drivers, because before that drivers, i was using a special driver from Microsoft, maybe thats the reason that i was achieving a better fps on GPU

So thats all my friend, wanted to tell you, what i Discovery
AlbinoRhino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlbinoRhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 7:35am
Do you have a "Boot Logo" option in your Bios?

If you turn it off you will also boot faster.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic