ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

SATA Drives not detected after CMOS clear

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malikhi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SATA Drives not detected after CMOS clear
    Posted: 25 Jul 2024 at 2:54pm
Short version: Cleared CMOS as a diag step for no power after PSU swap, now my boot drive isn't detected and several settings/features are missing or not as I remember them. Details in full story.

Full story:

This started with me simply upgrading my GPU. I got a much beefier unit (went from 2080ti to 4080 super) so I needed to upgrade PSU also.

Well, then I wasn't confident that the new GPU would fit the case, so I got a new case...

Now we start on my actual question: When I went to boot up after all these changes nothing happened. I thought I either had a faulty PSU or hooked something up wrong, ended up being that I had a bad outlet in my surge protector strip.

But during my troubleshooting I cleared the CMOS from my Z690 Extreme Wifi. That' the only change I made to the MB, though I'm not positive I put the drives back on the same SATA ports.

Either way, they aren't showing up on the drive list nor boot list, I'm missing the RAID options in config, and internet flash keeps failing. I also noticed that it reads my RAM as 2666 and not 4000 like it used to. I'm not sure what to do next, any help? My M.2 drives still show up, but not my SATA drives.

This config, except for the GPU and PSU, is the same I've been running since I upgraded from my Z87 Extreme to my Z690 Extreme about a year or two ago. Obviously I added the two M.2 drives as the Z87 didn't have that tech.

I currently have:

Z690 Extreme WIFi

Samsung 970 250Gb SSD - Windows 10 boot drive
WD 4TB HDD
M.2 500Gb Samsung something or other, not the 980
M.2 WD_BLACK SN850X NVMe 2TB
i7 12700k
64GB ram (2x32) Gskill 4000 DDR4

This is literally the first issue I've had with any ASRock product that I couldn't solve easily on my own. Please help.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic