ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock Z790 PG Screen dies after DDR5£

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Dooler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock Z790 PG Screen dies after DDR5£
    Posted: 26 Jul 2024 at 11:16pm
Hey!

So I have a ASRock Z790 PG LIGHTNING with 2 installed KF556C40-8 Kingston FURY Beast DDR5 8GB 5600MT/s DDR5 CL40 DIMM Desktop Gaming Memory Single Module - KF556C40BB-8 Installed in A2 and B2.

Then I bought 2 Kingston FURY Beast RGB DDR5-5600 - 8GB - CL40 - Dual Channel (2 pcs) - Intel XMP - Black with RGB. And Installed them in A1 and B1.

But I got a black screen. So whats wrong? The computer starts like always but the screen shuts down, says it has no connection? I remove them and it starts normal.

Whats wrong? And how can I fix it?

Cheers!

The Dooler
James Dooler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Dooler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2024 at 12:14am
I wonder if the dual channel thing has something to do with it? That the new DDR5 should be in A2 and B2 and the old ones in A1 and B1. Since they are single modules? even if they operate as a dual channel?
The Dooler
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic