ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock B550M-C / unable to access BIOS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miagonz21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock B550M-C / unable to access BIOS
    Posted: 27 Jul 2024 at 2:39am
Good afternoon, I'm running into an issue after upgrading the BIOS version from p1.30 to p1.40 in order to upgrade the CPU from Ryzen 5 3600 to the Ryzen 5700X(100-000000926).

I upgraded the BIOS Version to 1.40 (with the Ryzen 5 3600 CPU), booted the PC and it loaded Windows, worked fine, but when I restart it and hit F2, F10, Del, to get in the BIOS menu it goes into a black screen and stays there.

I've tried:
Hard reset, power supply/Motherboard/Ram disconnected
Unplugged CMOS Batt
Settings>windows options>Recovery>Advanced startup>restart (goes to the same black screen)
Different display cables (HDMI), different monitors, tv

I'm going to try next resetting CMOS through the clear CMOS jumper setup, try one ram stick at a time in 1 slot. Other than that I'll have to do further troubleshooting research.

I still have the Ryzen 5 3600 CPU installed. The reason I'm trying to get back in the BIOS is to bump the BIOS version to p1.50 per ASRock BIOS recommendation for the Ryzen 5000 Series. Also, I would like to be able to get into the BIOS as it did before in case needed.

Any advice is appreciated.. Thanks

eccential View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eccential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2024 at 6:09pm
Not saying this is your problem, but in case it helps, here's an experience I had quite some time ago on my X470 Gaming-ITX/ac board.

Some older BIOS had a bug, which broke BIOS video out when Above 4G Decoding was enabled. I had it OFF for the longest time, but when I was doing something with it, I enabled it to see what happens.

I could NOT see the BIOS again, but the system was working otherwise. Even CMOS clear did NOT help!

Since I had another system with the same board, I navigated through BIOS blind, by doing the exact same keystrokes against the non-messed-up X470 board. I was able to disable Above 4G Decoding this way and recovered BIOS display.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic