ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Coretemp shows 0 on my X370 Taichi & other issues
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coretemp shows 0 on my X370 Taichi & other issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramonsantana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coretemp shows 0 on my X370 Taichi & other issues
    Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 3:29am
I have an Asrock x370 Taichi and Ryzen 5 1600x and i can't get coretemp to show tempperature, Aida64 shows it

Also, i get access violation error when i try to run A-tuner. Just bought this motherboard and processor and having a horrible time setting it up

PS: I have Ultra Fast boot enable and it doesn't change boot speed at all, enabled Hibernation in Windows 10, my Windows msinfo32.exe shows that Secure boot is enabled
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 5:38am
ramonsantana,  there was a post here a few weeks ago about version 1.71 supporting Ryzen.  I have not been able to find a version above 1.7.  Enjoy, John.
ramonsantana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramonsantana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 6:00am
I have the newest version and no luck. I am wondering if i need to disable something on my bios, tried cool&quiet and other settings with no success.
I am really upset the Secure boot fast start up or Ultra Fast boot is booting at the regular speed as if without the settings
lowdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 6:24am
Coretemp 1.7.1 is a beta and is in the testing process now. It works with Ryzen and an official version will probably be released soon with Ryzen support.

[IMG][/IMG]
X399 Fat Pro Gaming bios 3.10 - TR4 1900X - 64GB G-SKILL TridentZ F4-3200C14Q-64GTZ @ 3133MHz - Vega 64 AIO with EK block - WC Custom loop - 1500W Silverstone PSU - yay
ramonsantana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramonsantana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 8:47am
Can't find version 1.7.1, can you share it?
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 9:50am
Originally posted by ramonsantana ramonsantana wrote:

I have the newest version and no luck. I am wondering if i need to disable something on my bios, tried cool&quiet and other settings with no success.
I am really upset the Secure boot fast start up or Ultra Fast boot is booting at the regular speed as if without the settings

Sorry to say, you won't get the sub-ten second cold boot start up times you can have with an Intel board, with a Ryzen system, even when UEFI booting and the Fast Boot option set to Ultra Fast. As you know, it makes little to no difference. That is normal for Ryzen.

Check this page for ASRock's answer to how long boot time is on the AM4 platform, it's one of the questions:

http://www.asrock.com/microsite/AM4TSD/

I can tell you how to improve the cold boot startup time on a Ryzen system, and it is a UEFI/BIOS option setting. It won't fix it or get it down to at or below 10 seconds, but it will be better. Or at least it works for most people.

Find the Advance(d) AMD Boot Training option, which should be in the OC Tweaker screen. It may be in the CPU Configuration screen, in OC Tweaker. Set it to Disabled.

Don't forget that the Windows Fast Startup feature is only active from a shutdown/cold boot situation. Your best startup times will always be from a cold boot.

Once you disable Advance AMD Boot Training, if the board will no longer POST, your memory cannot start without this training option enabled. Or at least not at the speed it is at now.

Memory compatibility and startup time are the main issues with Ryzen. Whether or not both will be improved with future AGESA microcode updates remains to be seen.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 11:59am
Originally posted by ramonsantana ramonsantana wrote:

Can't find version 1.7.1, can you share it?

Officially, no he can't.

Go yo the below link and request it from The Coolest
http://www.alcpu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=5825
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic