ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 K4 Stuck in single channel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RumbleP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2017 at 10:37am
Thank you for your answer. I've just made the test to make sure. When I tried both on A2 B2 slots it bootloop and get stuck on 0d code. Pretty sure now that I have an issue with the board. Asrock support told me that I have to remove the cooler, the cpu and the ram and after to clear cmos and then put in everything back.

I have a question. Could it be because my Water Cooling is higher then 95W? In the book it write that the cooler has to be lower then 95W
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2017 at 11:35am
Originally posted by RumbleP RumbleP wrote:

Thank you for your answer. I've just made the test to make sure. When I tried both on A2 B2 slots it bootloop and get stuck on 0d code. Pretty sure now that I have an issue with the board. Asrock support told me that I have to remove the cooler, the cpu and the ram and after to clear cmos and then put in everything back.

I have a question. Could it be because my Water Cooling is higher then 95W? In the book it write that the cooler has to be lower then 95W

The cooling capacity of the CPU cooler has nothing to do with memory compatibility or memory over clock potential, except if it is too low. It is impossible to have too much cooling for a CPU. The more cooling you have, the better it is for a CPU.

Where does it say in the manual that the cooler has to be lower than 95W? Do you mean this from the specifications:

Supports 95W Water Cooling

That does not mean the CPU cooler cannot be better than 95W. The best Ryzen 7 processors have a TDP of 95W, and this and other ASRock AM4 boards will support CPU coolers that are capable of at least 95W. Some of the fan connectors on your board will provide enough power for custom water cooling pumps, that can provide much more than 95W of cooling even with small radiators.

That specification is a little confusing, but I can assure you that your CPU cooler's cooling ability is not causing your memory problem.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2017 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by RumbleP RumbleP wrote:

I've just made the test to make sure. When I tried both on A2 B2 slots it bootloop and get stuck on 0d code.

Please read 0d Code reference at:
http://www.asrock.com/support/faq.asp?id=334

What video card are you using and what PCI(e)slot does it occupy?
RumbleP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RumbleP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 1:20pm
[URL=][/URL]I've just think about something that can cause this. I know that the guy who make my build have use a drill to enlage the holes where the cooler is mounting because my current cooler was not fitting. He looks under my board and said that there is not circuit. I was reticent but he said that there will be no problem. I also didnt see any circuit on the board, where the hole is located but could have one in second layer?

Edited by RumbleP - 09 Jun 2017 at 1:21pm
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 1:59pm
There is the problem Shocked

Never drill the holes larger on any modern board, they can have 8 layers or more. Particularly the ones around the CPU socket as those areas are extremely dense with traces. 

What is worse is that your warranty is void too Unhappy

I am using my Corsair H105 with the standard AM3 bracket, I have not been able to get an AM4 bracket for it. My solution was to mount it using only 2 of the 4 mounting points and it works just fine. 

Never modify the board in any way unless you know exactly what you are doing and what effect it could have. Also be sure you don't care about the warranty.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 2:09pm
It looks like you are stuck with single channel on the board, it could be a lot worse I guess. 

For most tasks and gaming it shouldn't be noticeable. 

I wouldn't trust that friend with your PC from now on though Wink
RumbleP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RumbleP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 11:59pm
Ok then now I'm fixed of what is the issue. I will not take it any further.

Then I have another quetion. I have an idea to "fix" my problem

1 - Should I buy a new motherboard?
2 - I have 2x8gb G.Skillz Ram at 3000mhz. Should I exchange it for 1x16Gb at 3000mhz? Will the result be the same if I run like that?

Its for gaming so I want the best at all

Thanks
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 12:24am
The key with Ryzen in the fact that the infinity fabric runs at the same frequency as the RAM, dual channel makes no difference to that so it would make little to no difference if you swapped to a single 16gb module. 

The only difference I could see being possible is being able to achieve a slightly better overclock on your RAM when using a single module. Given it is a 16gb stick it may not work that way because 16gb sticks can be harder to overclock. 

Personally, I would replace the board in case there is other damage to it that will over time damage the rest of your system. 
RumbleP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RumbleP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 5:24am
Thank you everybody for the advice. Finally my friend buy me another Motherboard. ??
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic