ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 K4 Stuck in single channel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RumbleP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X370 K4 Stuck in single channel
    Posted: 08 Jun 2017 at 2:28am
Good afternoon! I'm new here. Before I explain my problem, I just want to tell that my english is not perfect, but I will do my best to make me understand

So, I just bought a new motherboard, a new processor and new ram:

Motherboard: Asrock X370 Gaming K4
Processor: Ryzen 5 1600X
RAM: G.Skillz F4-3000C15D-16GTZ
BIOS: 2.40 (lastest update)

I've made some test during the last days. Everything run smooth except the RAM. I'm stuck in Single Channel in the bios. My ram are in the a2-b2 slots.  As soon as I change the frequency in the bios, my computer start to bootloop like power on power off and after It starts and the frequency is stuck to 2133 and in Windows, it says that I have 16Gb, but 7.5Gb usable.

I've tried with other RAM (Geil EVO X 16GB 3200) and I'm having the same issue

I'm desperate, I don't know what to do
pedre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pedre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2017 at 2:59am
Hello, just want you to know that some people reported the same problem (me included):

I really hope that Asrock team look forward this issue, because it could be a Bios problem.

Edited by pedre - 08 Jun 2017 at 3:17am
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2017 at 3:12am
I will bring it up with Tech Support.

I do know that there is a UEFI update in the works for the X370 Gaming K4 that will likely resolve a lot of memory incompatibility issues. I am afraid I don't have a time-frame however. 
berner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2017 at 3:43am
i've had that problem on my board and it was defective ram. Since you have tested other ram and the problem is still there it may be a faulty motherboard in your case. Have you tried the other ramslots?
Try with only one stick slot by slot, if you find a slot that doesn't boot you can be certain that the mainboard is the culprit.
RumbleP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RumbleP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2017 at 3:46am
When I put the ram in a1 slot, it boot.  b1 boots also, but a2 and b2 are not booting! So its the mainboard?
berner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2017 at 3:56am
If you tried with the same RAM module and it worked in one slot and in another it didn't then it's the Mainboard.
RumbleP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RumbleP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2017 at 4:04am
Could It be somethings not plugged correctly? There is something that can cause these 2 slots problem
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2017 at 4:16am
A bent pin/pins on the CPU can cause issues like this. Check the CPU and make sure there are no bent pins. If there are none then return the board for replacement. 
RumbleP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RumbleP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2017 at 5:27am
The weirdest thing beyond this is that I see the RAM in slot b2 but when I try to start it alone, it dosent work
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2017 at 10:07am
Originally posted by RumbleP RumbleP wrote:

Good afternoon! I'm new here. Before I explain my problem, I just want to tell that my english is not perfect, but I will do my best to make me understand

So, I just bought a new motherboard, a new processor and new ram:

Motherboard: Asrock X370 Gaming K4
Processor: Ryzen 5 1600X
RAM: G.Skillz F4-3000C15D-16GTZ
BIOS: 2.40 (lastest update)

I've made some test during the last days. Everything run smooth except the RAM. I'm stuck in Single Channel in the bios. My ram are in the a2-b2 slots.  As soon as I change the frequency in the bios, my computer start to bootloop like power on power off and after It starts and the frequency is stuck to 2133 and in Windows, it says that I have 16Gb, but 7.5Gb usable.

I've tried with other RAM (Geil EVO X 16GB 3200) and I'm having the same issue

I'm desperate, I don't know what to do

First, the Ryzen memory controller does not support a memory speed of 3000. It must be set to 2933 maximum instead.

Memory compatibility and problems are the main issue with Ryzen boards.

The boot loop, power on and off cycling is the AMD Advanced Boot Training feature, that is performing memory training. That happens with Ryzen systems when it detects the memory will not work at higher speeds. The AMD Advanced Boot Training feature is an option in the OC Tweaker screen.

Are you only changing the memory speed/frequency? You should be setting the DRAM voltage to 1.35V when you set the memory speed above 2133/2400.

The XMP profile on the G.SKILL memory was designed for Intel Z170 and Z270 boards, and will not usually work on a Ryzen system. Check the QVL list here:

https://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4-3000c15d-16gtz

Some memory like this that was designed for Intel systems will work with Ryzen, but normally that is memory that uses Samsung memory chips.

Have you tried both memory sticks/DIMMs of both memory models in the B2 memory slot?

Are you sure that the memory was completely seated in the B2 slot?

Since you have the same problem with the B2 slot with both models of memory, it is possible that the board has a problem.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic