ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fatality X99M Killer 3.1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 2:47pm
TYVM parsec I couldn't figure out which label was vccsa in HWINFO. I received the x99m killer 3.1 and am now trying to dial in some clocks. I've read that a 125 strap will not allow adaptive voltage. My xmp profile sets the 3000mhz on the 125 strap so I'm going to have to try other things with 100 strap.

So far, no luck. I can boot into windows sometimes, other times it will boot loop and I have to reset CMOS to post. I've tried:

DRAM:
3000mhz
100 strap
1.350 v
15-17-17-35 2t
vccsa +0.200v

CPU:
Just set some manual voltages ~ 1.2 vcore & vcache. Left all the speed multiplers on auto

I didn't want to push vccsa higher cause I didn't know what the actual reading was. Funny thing is when I booted into windows with that setting, cpuid shows 16gb ram at 2133mhz. I went into bios to check and it doesn't detect 2 of the ram modules, putting it into dual channel mode.

AIYAH! - Getting 3000mhz on 100 strap is very stressful. Cry

EDIT - HWINFO64 VCCSA = VIN6, just did some testing and confirmed. Going to try working that 3000mhz 100 strap further.

Edited by sexpot - 11 Aug 2015 at 2:55pm
sexpot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 9:17pm
3000mhz 100 strap ram seems no go with this ram/mobo combo. Atleast not with volts I'm comfortable running 24/7.

One last question. After I found out my stable fixed vcore settings, how do I go about setting adaptive voltage to lower the core frequency and core voltage while idle? I'm currently testing the following settings with Real Bench 2.41, "stress test - 16gb ram 8 hours"

4300mhz cpu oc 43x100 bclk
1.2vcore, 1.85v input, llc lvl3

4000mhz cache 40x100 blck
1.2vcache

2800mhz ddr4 ram 15-15-15-35 1t
28x100 1.35v +0.15v vccsa

Edited by sexpot - 12 Aug 2015 at 12:38am
sexpot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2015 at 12:41am
Finally got my clocks dialed in! I'm happy, my puter is happy and games are butter smooth! real bench stable 8hr stress test with 16gb ram usage. 12 thread/1100MB ram hci test overnight pass!

Core freq:
4.3GHz 43x100
1.21v core (adaptive, love that idle volt smile.gif)
1.85v input
llc = lvl3

Cache freq:
4.0GHz 40x100
1.2v cache (fixed)

Dram freq:
2800MHz 28x100
15-15-15-35 1t
1.35v
0.960 vcca

Gaming loads in @ ~55 degrees celcius, real bench loads at high 70's. I can live with that and fans are running on low voltage for noise suppression. It's been a long and many hours of reading to get these clocks dialed in and was fun.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2015 at 1:48am
Nice job on the OC, and it really wasn't a long time getting it dialed in, a day or so, right?

I agree that VIN6 is the VCCSA voltage.

I have a few suggestions for your OC and memory settings, although you may not need them at all.

For the CPU VCore, you're using Adaptive voltage, with the VCore set to 1.21V, and I'm guessing the CPU VCore Adaptive Offset is on Auto, is this all correct?

If that is correct, you can try setting the CPU VCore Adaptive Offset to a small negative value, such as -0.005V. That is, if you want to try reducing your CPU VCore even more.

Question, are you monitoring the HWiNFO VCore reading? Sounds like you are if you are seeing the low idle voltages. That is, rather than the Core VID readings at the top of the HWiNFO sensor display.

I always see a slightly higher VCore reading using Adaptive Voltage, compared to the VIDs. That is normal for Adaptive voltage.

I was afraid getting your memory to run at 3000 would be difficult. One suggestion about getting that to work.

Set the memory speed manually to 3000, with the BCLK at 100.0 MHz. Then set ALL the memory timings (and I mean ALL of them) to Auto. Keep you memory voltage at 1.35V, and the VCCSA at your value for 2800. Then try to boot, of course.

If that works, you can then check what the Auto memory timing settings actually resulted in. You probably won't like them, but at least you got 3000 working. Wink  The HWiNFO System Summary screen will show the basic timings.

Another trick, download the ASRock Timing Configurator ver:3.0.5 program from here:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/X99%20OC%20Formula/?cat=Download&os=Win8a64

It's a Windows program, and worked with my X99 board. It shows all the memory timing settings, and lets you tweak them in Windows. They won't stick if you reboot, FYI.

Question, what is the boot time from a cold/shutdown startup like with your board?

sexpot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2015 at 7:20am
Hi parsec, for my adaptive vcore settings. I set the value to +0.01 and the turbo volt to 1.19. Under load it fluctuates around 1.20 - 1.21v. I'm monitoring vcore reading while benching with cpu-z. I only used hwinfo for vccsa value when I was entering volts into the bios and for max/average core temps.

I've noted your suggestions on trying for 3000mhz ram again, but for the time being, I am content with 2800 and the low vccsa required to run it. Maybe later on I might try for 3000mhz if it really bugs me :p

I'll have to get back to you with the boot time. But from what I recall, it takes a good 2-3 seconds sitting at the asrock screen waiting to see if I want to go into bios or not. Once it passes the post, it's relatively quick from the spinning windows logo.

EDIT - Just got home and timed a cold boot. 35 seconds from the time I pressed the power button to desktop screen.

Edited by sexpot - 13 Aug 2015 at 9:26am
sexpot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2015 at 1:59am
Guys, is it just me or does the Asrock Post screen take quite a bit longer than normal to load? Everytime I reset the computer or cold boot, it sits at the Asrock screen asking if I want to enter bios or not for a long time. After that, it loads into windows really fast. 

Compared to previous boards, the post screen normally takes only 1-2 seconds. With this board, I'm sitting there looking at it for at least 20-25 seconds. Total cold boot time is around 30-35 seconds. Is it possible to speed this up?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic