ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fatality X99M Killer 3.1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fatality X99M Killer 3.1
    Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 11:04am
Hey guys, I've been out of the PC hardware loop since the early days of Sandy Bridge and have a question regarding my current hardware. I've purchased a 5820K, Fatality X99M Killer 3.1, Sound Blaster Z and have some concerns regarding pcie lanes and my devices.

Idealy, I want to run the video card in the top slot, samsung SM951 ssd in the m.2 port, Sound Blaster Z in the last PCIe slot. Some HDD's in the sata ports as well.

Will this all function without slowing down any lanes?? For instance, will the m.2 port be shared with the last pcie slot which will be occupied by the sound card and slow down the SM951 ssd? Also, will the sata HDDs slow anything else down?
sexpot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 12:36pm
Ok, after going through the manual, I want to confirm:

- Top PCIe slot with video card connect = 16x speed
- m.2 pcie slot connected = must not connect any device to sata port S_Sata3_2
- Sound card connected to PCIe3 slot = will run in 4x mode @ pcie 2.0 speeds
- Additional sata devices:

(S_SATA3_3 connector is shared with the eSATA port)
(S_SATA3_2 connector is shared with Ultra M.2 Socket)
1 x SATA Express 10 Gb/s Connector (shared with SATA3_4
and SATA3_5)

I7 5820k will therefore be able to support my devices in full speed according the the list above. Please correct if I'm wrong.

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 12:45pm
That should work perfectly Wink

Enjoy your new build Thumbs Up
sexpot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 12:49pm
Ty very much Xaltar for confirmation. I have one more question, my ram is Corsair LPX 16GB 3000MHz CAS15. Will I be able to run it on xmp profile with a 100 strap?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 12:56pm
I am not sure on that front, I don't have a 2011 system to try it out atm. Parsec does however, he should know more about XMP on the X99 platform.
sexpot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 1:09pm
Ok thanks, I will wait to hear from him. My board is currently shipping so I don't have it here to test yet. Still waiting on parts so all I can do is read and ask questions :)
sexpot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 5:37pm
Hey guys,

Just got my new rig up and running. I'm having troubles with these last 2 drivers though. Can you tell me which one I need to install from Asrock's website?

sexpot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2015 at 9:34am
NVM above post, I got it figured out with the driver CD.

Anyone have a template of settings to try for a stable overclock?
sexpot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 11:13am
Anyone able to get vccsa, uncore voltage to show up in any kind of monitoring software? I've installed both hwinfo and aida64 (trial version) and neither are showing me these voltages. Any help?
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by sexpot sexpot wrote:

Ty very much Xaltar for confirmation. I have one more question, my ram is Corsair LPX 16GB 3000MHz CAS15. Will I be able to run it on xmp profile with a 100 strap?

Originally posted by sexpot sexpot wrote:

Anyone able to get vccsa, uncore voltage to show up in any kind of monitoring software? I've installed both hwinfo and aida64 (trial version) and neither are showing me these voltages. Any help?

Regarding your memory question, only someone that owns your Corsair memory can tell you if the XMP profile uses the 125 strap. I don't, sorry.

The provided memory OC profiles in the UEFI of my ASRock X99 board sets the BCLK to 125 for the 3000 profile. Those are not XMP profiles from the memory, but profiles provided in the UEFI.

I've read it is possible to run memory at 3000 with the BCLK at 100, but requires some tweaking to get it working.

About the VCCSA and Uncore/Cache voltages, the best I can tell you is this. In HWiNFO64, I suspect that the VTT or VIN6 reading is the VCCSA. Uncore/cache voltage is not there IMO.

A new Beta version of HWiNFO64 was released that included enhanced monitoring on ASRock X99 boards. I tried it and found a problem, the VCore reading is gone. I posted a thread in the HWiNFO forum about this, which I'm sure will be fixed. Hopefully there will be new readings for us in HWiNFO64 soon. Geek
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic