ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - For those w Fatality X370 Pro G and GSkill Hynix
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

For those w Fatality X370 Pro G and GSkill Hynix

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: For those w Fatality X370 Pro G and GSkill Hynix
    Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 10:50pm
For those like me with the AM4 Fatality X370 Professional Gaming and GSkill SK Hynix:

For those with a similiar configuration and running 4 sticks(either 32GB or 64GB), 'stepping' worked for me up to the rated @3200Mhz for my F4-3200C16Q-64GTZKW GSkill DDR4 memory.

After UEFI/Bios update to 2.4 I 'stepped' up from:
2133>reboot 2x>
2400>reboot2x>
2666>reboot2x>
2800>reboot2x>
2933>reboot2x>
3066>reboot2x>
and finally...
3200>reboot2x...it dropped it to 2133, reloaded my 3066 setting and applied more 'power'. rebooted4x, just to be sure.

I haven't tightened my timings any, but perhaps over the weekend. Ended with @3200Mhz, 16-15-15-42 @1T, setting for CMD2T "auto", setting for Geardown "enabled". SOC,SOC\LLC,DRAM, and other 'various' changes will need to be made. You may be 'uncomfortable' with just how high some of these may need to go. My overall temps ended up w/1C higher CPU, and 4C higher VRM's.

I had to clear CMOS once through my trials. At one point the AsRock motherboard UEFI/Bios seemed to 'glitch' and not only refuse to successfully boot upon a reload of any of my UEFI Bios profiles that I had just configured seconds earlier, it wouldn't successfully boot after a 'manual' input of 'known-good-timings-and-voltage-that-worked-seconds-earlier' as well!

Each time I 'stepped' up it was from the 'Advanced' menu only, not from the 'OC Tweaker' menu. Stress tests and tweaking will be done over the weekend.

Best success to you as well!

Edited by Kevin A - 10 Jun 2017 at 7:15am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic