ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Writing to you from a H97M-ITX/AC & G3258 on Win10
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Writing to you from a H97M-ITX/AC & G3258 on Win10

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote domllama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Writing to you from a H97M-ITX/AC & G3258 on Win10
    Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 1:12pm
CAUTION: This is informational only. I am not sure if this will work for everyone but I have finally made it to Windows 10 using a G3258 processor with both cores showing enabled & overclocked.

Specs:

H97M-ITX/AC motherboard
Intel G3258 Processor 3.2GHZ - Overclocked using A-Tuning to 4.4 GHZ

Windows Path - Windows 8.1 > Windows 10

At first - like most, I had issues installing the upgrade. I flat out could not install the upgrade & crashed every time with a roll-back to Windows 8.1. I was highly dissapointed as all my friends gloated about being on Windows 10.

Here is the path I took.

1) Upgrade board using the A-Tuning app to the latest H97M-ITX/AC BIOS version - 1.70.

2) Turn off a single core in the bios. This is simply going to Advanced > Change Active Processor Cores from ALL to 1.
3) SAVE CHANGES AND EXIT BIOS
3) Install Windows 10 from USB drive after booting back into Windows 8.1
4) It will restart a few times but it should run successful.
5) I did a custom install and disregarded all the Windows 10 sharing crap with my friends and M$.
5) you should be into Windows...
7) Drivers etc will all install. A few security updates will run and the video drive should install. In my case R200 drivers installed automatically. After security updates applies.

8) A-tuning surprisingly was still working.
9) I shutdown my computer again; this time went back into BIOS and reenabled my processor core by changing Active Processor Cores. 1 to ALL.

10) Booted back into Windows 10 and no endless boot as others have experienced. Working like it should & used multiple utilities to show cores are active and systeminfo as FYI. Hope this helps anyone...who knows may be a fluke of my own luck.

CPU-Z:

A-Tuning overclocked:

CMD:

Windows Task Manager:

Another note: Maybe someone wants to take this idea and play around with it... But, I decompiled the  KB3064209 update manifest references mcupdate_genuineintel.dll - This dll resides in the system32 (C:\Windows\System32) With a modify date of 07/10/2015. I was going to try to replace this in System32 thru UEFI but got this working before having to result to it - I did compare it with Windows 8.1 and the one dated for Windows 8.1 is 11/21/2014 & Windows 8.1 worked perfectly with this processor. Just a thought.

This is the manifest from KB3064209:

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 2:26pm
Great info, thanks for posting. I don't have any means to test it myself but I am sure someone here will do so Thumbs Up
Tonya65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonya65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2022 at 11:45pm
Your assignment will be nice if you select the simplest service from essaypro reviews online scores which might be done through skilled who give you wonderful work done on time while not creating it an enormous issue
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic