ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fatality AB350 is sluggish

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x58haze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fatality AB350 is sluggish
    Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 12:42am
I don't know what to do guys this is driving me crazy, it seems that my pc feels suglish even at steady or high framerates :/, also my English is not helping, I've do already windows ram test, gpu test, processor test and there was not problems at all

I´m using windows 10, I did follow Tech City youtuber advise to overclocking my cpu ryzen 5 1600 to 3.825 ghz by using volts 1.33125, but it seems that in Windows Task manager is showing that my cpu is running at 3.2, even cynenbench, I did these tweaks on windows 10, like putting high performance battery plan, like disabling HPET, also in BIOS by disabling, AMD-COOL QUIET, also in Windows by disabling cortana, and rename folders, to get rid of cortana, by turning windows search off, and turning off windows defender, firewall off, by putting windows update manually... but yeah this is driving me crazy, i feel input lag.. like mouse heavy, also through web-browsing :/ please someone help, i´m willing to cooperating, by posting Event viewers thingss, bios configuration, etc etc, i did a clean windows installation, i installed properly my nvidia drivers, i use DDU first to remove windows generic nvidia drivers etc etc, plz help u.u

PC SPECS:
CPU Model
ryzen 5 1600
Graphics Card:
EVGA GTX 580 1.5
Motherboard:
Asrock Fatality ab350 k4
Ram:
Patriot Viper 3200 2x4 GB
Storage:
SSD: OCZ VERTEX3 128GB
HDD: WD1600aabs-00pra0 160GB 7200rpm 150gb
Soundcard & Speakers:
N/A
Power Supply
Thermaltake 775 bronce80+
Case
Thermaltake v9 black E
Operating System: OS
10 x64
Monitor:
Syncmaster t200G 2ms

PD: I did update my bios yesterday at night, from 1.004 to 1.006, nows my bios accept the XMP profile 2.1 and runs 3200 mhz dual channel, but i still get this behavior of input lag :/ even in web browser...

I'll attach some pictures

datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 12:58am
disable cool n quiet.global c states,c6 etc everything on that bios group
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 1:00am
Haze,

I moved your post. If nothing else it'll allow you to better keep up with replies.

... Wardog, Moderator

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 1:05am
Originally posted by datonyb datonyb wrote:

disable cool n quiet.global c states,c6 etc everything on that bios group

Dayton, I hope/believe your reply was directed at x58haze above.

I moved their post. If nothing else it'll allow them to better keep up with replies. This one could be many replies long.

.. wardog
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 1:07am
yes mate all is fine with your editing skills Thumbs Up
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
x58haze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x58haze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 6:30am
Hello everyone i'm facing some issues too, i don't know if a driver problem, or the motherboard itself, but i'm facing some Mouse or keyboard input lag in web-browsers and games.

I tried to upgrade to the last bios 1.006 ab350 asrock fatality k4 gaming, my patriot vipers with xmp profile 2.1 finally works in 3200 with no problem i guess... but maybe there are some bios options that i can changes, in order to improve my mouse or keyboard responsiveness?

This is weird i already actualized my system drivers with the latest drivers that came with my motherboard, in windows 10, all updated.. no bloatwares, no windows defender, no cortana, no one drive etc...

Sorry for my Poor English i also open a forum in Anantech with pictures and info, is someone wants to help , everyone is welcome

The forum that i open with more pictures and detailed info.
https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/ryzen-build-sluggish.2508513/

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 12:11pm
Haze, please keep this issue here.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 12:47pm
You've described many things in detail, except your problem. All we know is, "... i feel input lag.. like mouse heavy, also through web-browsing...".

Do you mean you move the mouse but the mouse pointer does not move immediately? Or you click the mouse and the click does not do or start whatever it should do? It does this even if you are just browsing the Internet, with very low load on the processor? Is it like this all the time, or just at certain times?

You said this happens, "... even at steady or high framerates...", which you mean it is not an affect of the frame rate that makes it seem as if the mouse is not responding, right?

You did not list your keyboard and mouse models, which are the input devices. How are they connected to the PC?

You said you over clocked your CPU to "3.825 ghz by using volts 1.33125", but that is not shown in Task Manager, as you know. You changed the VCore voltage, but what else did you do to get the CPU speed to 3.825GHz?

If you really have a bad input lag problem when just web browsing,  a CPU OC will not fix it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic