ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 SLI dont update BIOS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X370 SLI dont update BIOS
    Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 12:11pm
When i press del or F11 i acess the bios, but inside in Tools, dont show any option to upgrade the bios version!

Anyone can helpme?

* Inside tab name Tools, do not have any options to enable BIOS upgrade! What's i doing wrong?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by Diego Diego wrote:

When i press del or F11 i acess the bios, but inside in Tools, dont show any option to upgrade the bios version!

Anyone can helpme?

* Inside tab name Tools, do not have any options to enable BIOS upgrade! What's i doing wrong?

Boards/BIOSes initially released did not have Instant Flash. Please update the BIOS to the latest released using the DOS method with the DOS BIOS file and you will happily discover Instant Flash is NOW within the BIOS.

If you need direction doing this please ask.
Diego View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 12:38am
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Boards/BIOSes initially released did not have Instant Flash. Please update the BIOS to the latest released using the DOS method with the DOS BIOS file and you will happily discover Instant Flash is NOW within the BIOS.

If you need direction doing this please ask.

Please, can you direct me step by step? I'm a noob user Embarrassed

Edited by Diego - 14 Jun 2017 at 12:39am
Diego View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 6:04am
Thanks again, and with your first tip I was able to solve the problem.

I researched the internet, and found this very good post that explains how to update BIO via DOS:

I used RUFUS software to create a bootable USB stick.

After that, I logged into the ASROCK website and downloaded the latest bios update available via DOS for my motherboard (X370 Killer SLI).

I made the boot via Pendrive and executed the file. I had doubts on the commands needed but I consulted this site that lists the commands via DOS (I used the DIR and then I ran the ASROCK .exe file for my motherboard - the letter "A" was changed by ~ symbol, só I used tab top autocomplete the file name)

And everything worked, updated BIOS to latest version.

Thank you again WinkClap
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic