ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x370 taichi WiFi issue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kizgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x370 taichi WiFi issue
    Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 3:21pm
WiFi adapter doesn't work and doesn't be recognized by Win10 OS.

Anyone could help me?
AlbinoRhino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlbinoRhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 5:50pm
Have you installed all of your drivers?

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X370%20Taichi/#osW1064
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 1:10am
check its enabled in the bios
(im pretty certain it has a bios switch on and off)
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
Ken429 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken429 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 6:06pm
I'm having a similar problem!?

I checked the BIOS and Southbridge>Wan Radio is Enabled.

I downloaded and installed the Wan driver from the X370 Taichi Web Site and then let Windows Update to the latest driver which is: Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168 #2 Driver Intel 3/28/17 19.51.0.4.

The Router I'm trying to use is an old SMC WGBR14-N. The Router has never failed me using various Laptops, Amazon Kindle Fire devices, Smart Phones, etc.

When I go to the Control Panel and select "Network and Sharing" and then select "Setup New Connection or Network" and then select "Setup New Network" and then select "Next" Windows goes into a FUNK and never comes back with anything. I then "Cancel" and try the following:

When I go to Network Connection Via the Windows 10 Settings Icon and Double Click on "WiFi Not Connected" and then Click on "Show Available Networks" Windows shows my Wireless Network as "My Network Name" and below the name it shows "Secured".

When I Click on "Connect" Windows asks for a Security Key. I assume that is the Password for the Network. When I enter the Password Windows asks "Do You want to allow..." and I click "Yes"

Windows than thinks about things for a few seconds and comes back with "Can't Connect to the Network"

End of saga! Seems like Windows is trying but something is not setup correctly or .... ?

I do have the system connected via Ethernet and everything works as advertised. I tried disconnecting the Ethernet cable and rebooting but that had no effect.

I normally do not use Wi-Fi on Windows 10 computers but I need to connect to a Wi-Fi network to set up a "Ring Stick Up Cam" I received for Father's Day!!

Help would be appreciated.

Edited by Ken429 - 20 Jun 2017 at 9:33pm
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 6:35pm
Try using Device Manage to delete the adapter _and _ it's associated driver(s) and files. Then immediately after reboot.

Reply back please.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Try using Device Manage to delete the adapter _and _ it's associated driver(s) and files. Then immediately after reboot.

Reply back please.

Do this with the network//ethernet cable disconnected beforehand.
Ken429 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken429 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 2:30am
wardog,
Did what you suggested - went to Device Manager and deleted the Wi-Fi adapter and checked the remove software.

I disconnected he Ethernet cable and rebooted system.

The system re installed the Wi-Fi adapter and installed an older version of the Intel Driver -10/31/2016 version 15.20.3.4.

Nothing changed. When I try to setup a new network using the Control Panel>Network & Sharing Windows goes into a FUNK looking for a network. When I go to Settings>Network & Internet and click Show Available Networks it finds the Wi-Fi Network but will not connect even though it asks for the Security Code and thinks about it for several seconds. Exactly as I said in previous post.

Am I the only guy having this issue trying to use the Wi-Fi on this M/B? Or is everybody else using the Ethernet connection?

I have a NetGear AC1200 WiFi USB 3.0 Adapter. Can I disable the Intel Wi-Fi Adapter on the M/B and try the NetGear Adapter or will that just add to the confusion?

Edited by Ken429 - 21 Jun 2017 at 2:36am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 3:00am
The radio you're trying to connect to, what Security is it using for the connection?

Your network. Is it just a basic network, or are there subnets?

Also, what router, by model number. And is the routers FW up to date?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 3:01am
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Also, what router, by model number. And is the routers FW up to date?

This maybe more so ...........
Ken429 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken429 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 4:47am
wardog,
The Network is about as basic as it gets nothing unusual that I'm aware of.

As I stated in my original post, I using an old SMC WGBR14-N Router that has never failed me until now?! I have no Idea if the Firmware is up to date since SMC has moved on and I have had no reason to mess with the firmware.
Somewhere a long time ago I made a comment in the SMC Manual that it's set for WPA-Only, Trip. The Pre-Sharing Key is set to my Password.

Since again as I said I'm my original post it works with several Laptops, several Amazon Kindle Fires and Smart Phones. I also have a Hawking HWBN2 Range Extender but that is connected via the Ethernet. Again, it seems to handle anything that comes it's way. But...the X370 Taichi/Windows 10 does not see it only the SMC Wi-Fi. It might be that it is out of range.

I have resisted buying a new Router since I do not make extensive use of Wi-Fi and the old SMC Router gets the job done with the Ethernet Network.

Edited by Ken429 - 21 Jun 2017 at 4:55am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic