FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 Taichi Not Booting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X370 Taichi Not Booting
    Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 5:13pm
I have gotten the 27 error on my Taichi a few times when testing different memory clocks. In my situation clearing CMOS always resolved the issue. 

I have only been using my board about a week but it has been reliable. I did notice that on occasion when I clear CMOS the system can take up to 5 mins to finally post with a lot of power cycling. Once it posts however all goes back to normal, post times included. 

Try this with the Taichi:

1. Pull the power from the wall and let it sit for an hour (press the power button down to discharge the PSU)
2. Remove the CMOS battery while in this state
3. Before installing the CMOS battery press the clear CMOS button for 2 - 3 secs
4. Reconnect power and try to post again, let the system try for 5 - 10 mins

If you are still getting the error then take the board back to microcenter. Be sure to write down the serial number and check that whatever board they give you is not the same board or too close in the numbers (same batch). After 2 weeks since the initial return it should be a new batch but maybe ask for them to ensure it is for you. 

Edited by Xaltar - 15 Jun 2017 at 5:14pm
JohnGilbert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnGilbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 4:38pm
Not sure what causing it. But in my experience (own taichi too), if the computer couldn't get past the POST and constantly reboot (turn on, then off 3x),it's caused by the ram (oc not stable). But after 3x on and off you should be able to get past the POST, because the mobo have reset to default setting.
NightReaver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NightReaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 8:25am
Whoops, messed the BIOS version up. I meant 2.36, not 2.6. Sorry! I got them from:

I ran them for a week or so with zero issues. I got them because before that the flare X would not run at 3200 and the reports from the 2.36 bios looked promising.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 8:13am
Originally posted by NightReaver NightReaver wrote:

Hello there, I'm having issues with my pc not booting at all with the following specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600x
Mobo: X370 Taichi
HDD: Samsung 960 Evo
Memory: G.SKILL Flare X F4-3200C14D-16GFX
PSU: 1000W EVGA Supernova G2
GPU: GTX 980Ti
Bios version: 2.6

So I got a combo deal at Microcenter for the ryzen and the X370 Taichi, but upon installing it all I would get was a black screen with constant rebooting once it hit "27" on the numerical display. I tried resetting CMOS, single stick of ram in each slot, even used a friend's ryzen to make sure the cpu wasn't acting up. Decided it was a faulty mobo and got a Gigabyte K5 off of amazon for testing purposes (it was my old brand of choice) and everything worked fine. Emboldended by that, when I went back to microcenter, I exchanged it for a new Taichi and it also worked fine.....for 2 weeks. I didn't do any extreme overclocking, just ram at 3200 and the ryzen at 3.8 and didn't have any issues. 

So today when I woke up I went to boot my pc and lo and behold, back to the constant rebooting at "27". Tried the same tricks to no avail. Hooked the gigabyte back up (have yet to return it) and it booted fine. Is there something I'm missing? I'm about to just go back to Gigabyte but I really did like the Taichi. I did download the beta 2.6 BIOS, but the 1st board didn't have those. Is it coinsidence or am I making a mistake somewhere? Thanks!

I can't see what you're missing given the description and the things you tried to fix it.

The only coincidence that may not be one at all, is two X370 Taichi boards failing with the same POST code 27 issue, related to memory. But the memory works fine, and so do the rest of the components apparently, which leaves the boards.

The two Taichi's were most likely from the same shipment and production run, so if there was a manufacturing defect or bad batch of parts used in the memory circuitry, then both boards were affected.

The only wild theory I have is if the PSU has a voltage rail that was way out of spec, and then killed a component on the board. Unlikely for the PSU you have.

It didn't seem as if you used the Gigabyte K5 board for very long before getting the second Taichi. If you use the K5 with the rest of those parts for several weeks and nothing happens, then it seems to be a bad batch of the Taichi boards. But if the K5 also expires after a while with a similar POST code, then apparently some part you are using is killing the boards.

Where are you getting the Beta 2.60 file from? I have an idea, just checking. How long were you running the 2.60 version?
NightReaver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NightReaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 7:25am
Hello there, I'm having issues with my pc not booting at all with the following specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600x
Mobo: X370 Taichi
HDD: Samsung 960 Evo
Memory: G.SKILL Flare X F4-3200C14D-16GFX
PSU: 1000W EVGA Supernova G2
GPU: GTX 980Ti
Bios version: 2.6

So I got a combo deal at Microcenter for the ryzen and the X370 Taichi, but upon installing it all I would get was a black screen with constant rebooting once it hit "27" on the numerical display. I tried resetting CMOS, single stick of ram in each slot, even used a friend's ryzen to make sure the cpu wasn't acting up. Decided it was a faulty mobo and got a Gigabyte K5 off of amazon for testing purposes (it was my old brand of choice) and everything worked fine. Emboldended by that, when I went back to microcenter, I exchanged it for a new Taichi and it also worked fine.....for 2 weeks. I didn't do any extreme overclocking, just ram at 3200 and the ryzen at 3.8 and didn't have any issues. 

So today when I woke up I went to boot my pc and lo and behold, back to the constant rebooting at "27". Tried the same tricks to no avail. Hooked the gigabyte back up (have yet to return it) and it booted fine. Is there something I'm missing? I'm about to just go back to Gigabyte but I really did like the Taichi. I did download the beta 2.6 BIOS, but the 1st board didn't have those. Is it coinsidence or am I making a mistake somewhere? Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic