FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AMD Ryzen Compatible Memory List

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 10:57am
Originally posted by brucer brucer wrote:

This "compatibility list" is a lie. 

Gskill 3200mhz Flare-x F4-3200C14D-16GFX
  is not compatible with the Asrock Fatality Professional Gaming.

I tried two different kits of the flare-x and still nothing.. I'm returning the 2nd flare-x kit and will likely try the corsair vengeance  cmk16gx4m2b3000c15 (which was recommended by Asrock Technical Support), if that doesnt work I'll be requesting a rma for a new Asrock x370 Fatality professional gaming and selling that board on ebay..

Asrocks customer service hasn't been very good, their technical support hasnt been much better.  This is my first experience with an Asrock product, and likely my last.. They need to get off their duffs..

First, the memory controller is in the CPU for Ryzen processors, as has been for many AMD and Intel processor generations. So the mother board's memory compatibility is related mainly to the UEFI/BIOS, and the memory itself. If any ASRock AM4 board has the best memory compatibility, it should be the Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming.

Which UEFI/BIOS version are you using?

I use that identical model of memory in my X370 Killer SLI/ac board, and have since the first time I started the PC. Many other ASRock Ryzen users use this FlareX model of memory. You can see the post above this one that the same model of FlareX memory works with an AB350M Pro4 board, with a Ryzen 1600 processor.

When you say "... still nothing", I assume you mean the PC will not complete POST?

Why are you certain that the memory is the problem?

Did you try clearing the UEFI/BIOS?

The memory is in the A2 and B2 slots?

What code do you see remaining on the Dr Debug display when you try to start the PC?

Have you removed the CPU and checked for bent pins?

rockero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 2:49am
I can add the G.Skill flare x 3200 for AB350m Pro4 working without problems.
I'm using it at 3333MHz with CL14 and 1.35v.
brucer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brucer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 12:23am
This "compatibility list" is a lie. 

Gskill 3200mhz Flare-x F4-3200C14D-16GFX
  is not compatible with the Asrock Fatality Professional Gaming.

I tried two different kits of the flare-x and still nothing.. I'm returning the 2nd flare-x kit and will likely try the corsair vengeance  cmk16gx4m2b3000c15 (which was recommended by Asrock Technical Support), if that doesnt work I'll be requesting a rma for a new Asrock x370 Fatality professional gaming and selling that board on ebay..

Asrocks customer service hasn't been very good, their technical support hasnt been much better.  This is my first experience with an Asrock product, and likely my last.. They need to get off their duffs..

Edited by brucer - 03 Oct 2017 at 1:14am
Asrock x570 Taichi, Ryzen3800x, 32gb Gskill Royal 36000mhz@ 3733mhz, Samsung 250gb 970evo plus for OS drive, Sabrent Rocket 1tb nvme storage drive.
raminro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raminro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 10:58am

ATTENTION

ATTENTION

boys boys

ON RYZEN ONLY USE DUAL CHANNEL NOT 2*SINGLE

ON THREADRIPPR ONLY USE QUAD CHANNEL NOT 2*DUAL

inside ram,(hardware ,IC and pcb )single,dual,quad not same ,completly diffrante ,, many people think = dual =2*single channel ram or quad =4* dual ram

you must use only ram, write on box QUAD for threadripper (dual for ryzen)

if you put wrong ram your system cant start , even if start , hiccops rip in windows, harm your cpu

in amd thteadripper ,change your ram to this
gskill ri4*8 3200=250$
or
gskil ripjaws4 4*4 2400=150$

www.amazon.com/G-Skill-Ripjaws-2400MHz-PC4-19200-Channel/dp/B00N1OZDPO

for ryzen use only ram write on box DUAL CHANNEL
gskill RGB trident z 3200 2*8 =180$
geil evo x 3200 2*8 =120$

not , only use 2400 or 3200 (best frequency stable) not 3000mhz

ATTENTION
ev1lchris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ev1lchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 1:49am
I wish I knew about this post earlier before I bought my RAM from Amazon.

I'm exchanging my Gloway to the Crucial listed.
Inxider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Inxider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 10:37am
Can someone confirm that the Corsair Vengeance LPX would  work with the Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac board
http://www.corsair.com/en-us/vengeance-lpx-16gb-2x8gb-ddr4-dram-3000mhz-c15-memory-kit-blue-cmk16gx4m2b3000c15b#

Thanks.

ket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 2:47am
Originally posted by nycalex nycalex wrote:

updated to bios version 3.10 on my x370 killer sli/ac.

So far, agesa 1.0.0.6a brings nothing for me.

My hynix memory still unstable at 3200. only good to 2933. i'm not complaining tho, i'm plenty happy with 2933.

Overall, not noticing anything different so far.

Have you tried tightening timings at 2933 to make things a little snappier? I'd be surprised if you can't tighten timings up at least a bit ;)
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 1:20am
Originally posted by Klasifyed Klasifyed wrote:

I just bought a computer and am having Memory issues. There is currently 2x8gig sticks of G.Skills TridentZ (F43200C16D-16GTZSK) in my computer. Windows only recognizes 8 gigs.

After looking at both the AMD list of supported memory and the ASROCK site, it doesnt seem to appear on the list. Could this be the issue i am having? The person who i bought the computer from said he took the memory out of an intel build just to get the computer going.

I have the ASRock x370 Killer & Ryzen 5 1600X

make sure the two sticks are placed in slots
a2 and b2

make sure both sticks are firmly6 and fully pushed into the socket
it is very easy NOT to have them seated correctly

this is usually the issue
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
Klasifyed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klasifyed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 8:20pm
I just bought a computer and am having Memory issues. There is currently 2x8gig sticks of G.Skills TridentZ (F43200C16D-16GTZSK) in my computer. Windows only recognizes 8 gigs.

After looking at both the AMD list of supported memory and the ASROCK site, it doesnt seem to appear on the list. Could this be the issue i am having? The person who i bought the computer from said he took the memory out of an intel build just to get the computer going.

I have the ASRock x370 Killer & Ryzen 5 1600X

Edited by Klasifyed - 13 Sep 2017 at 8:22pm
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 11:15am
Originally posted by datonyb datonyb wrote:

just to echo with what parsec has said
i also had what i consider good luck from early bios with my ram ,yet each bios later no better results

it is better than it was with bios releases making more ram work easier, but best advice would be to check on rymem etc to see what people cant get working
and even then some sets of brand X apprently identical work better for some people than others

maybe a lottery with the actual ram sticks and actual cpu as to how well it will take settings on each board
(eg another guy local to me has exact same ram set and exact board ,he can run tighter timings and faster ram speed than i can, at exact same bios settings)

That might be a case of the Silicon Lottery effect, as you said. Does that other guy have the same CPU OC that you do? Same CPU?

I wonder if the lottery effect can apply to memory too. The memory chips are binned to work at least at the highest OC speed, but there must be some +/- for each memory chip I imagine. All it would take is say one of the memory chips on a DIMM to not be as good as the others, just barely into its bin level, and it limits the speed of all the memory. How could we ever know if that is true?

Say that guy let you try his memory, I wonder what would happen. Or let him try your memory and see if it will work at his speed and timing settings.

If he could run your memory at the higher speed and better timings, and you could not get his memory to work at those settings, then if all else is equal, it would seem the memory controller is not as good in your CPU.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617>
  Share Topic