ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - LED Power/reset switch on X370 Fatality Pro Gaming
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

LED Power/reset switch on X370 Fatality Pro Gaming

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LED Power/reset switch on X370 Fatality Pro Gaming
    Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 7:11pm
Please owners of this motherboard can you help clear an issue up for me.

The LED Power and Reset switches/buttons on this board light up on initial boot up then go out once the computer enters windows, this is what my board does. Does yours do this????????

If the system goes into sleep mode and then I wake it up the LED Power/Reset switch/buttons light up and stay lit. Does yours do this?????

If I reboot the LED Power/Reset switch lights will go out again once the computer enters windows again - rinse and repeat. Does yours do this????

NOW!!! If I don't let the computer go to sleep and the LED Power/Reset switch/buttons are not lit and I shut down the computer the LED's stay off unlit.

However if I let the computer sleep then wake it and the LED Power/Reset switch/buttons are lit up and I shut down the computer they stay lit up even when the computer is off. This activity also generates a windows did not shut down properly or something error in windows reliability monitor the next boot up.

WTF!!!!!! What does your board do please????? Do I have a faulty board because it sometimes feels when the computer wakes from sleep it's not real stable.

HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED IF PEOPLE COULD COMFIRM THE BEHAVIOUR OF THE LED'S FOR POWER/RESET SWITCHES ON THEIR BOARDS PLEASE SO I CAN DETERMIN IF MY BOARD IS FAULTY OR IF THIS IS COMMON BEHAVIOR FOR ALL BOARDS.

Thank you.

Edited by lowdog - 24 Jun 2017 at 7:27pm
X399 Fat Pro Gaming bios 3.10 - TR4 1900X - 64GB G-SKILL TridentZ F4-3200C14Q-64GTZ @ 3133MHz - Vega 64 AIO with EK block - WC Custom loop - 1500W Silverstone PSU - yay
lowdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 7:29pm
Come on! A dozen views and no one has this board and can help with confirmation one way or the other???????
X399 Fat Pro Gaming bios 3.10 - TR4 1900X - 64GB G-SKILL TridentZ F4-3200C14Q-64GTZ @ 3133MHz - Vega 64 AIO with EK block - WC Custom loop - 1500W Silverstone PSU - yay
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by lowdog lowdog wrote:

The LED Power and Reset switches/buttons on this board light up on initial boot up then go out once the computer enters windows, this is what my board does. Does yours do this????????

If the system goes into sleep mode and then I wake it up the LED Power/Reset switch/buttons light up and stay lit. Does yours do this?????

If I reboot the LED Power/Reset switch lights will go out again once the computer enters windows again - rinse and repeat. Does yours do this????

NOW!!! If I don't let the computer go to sleep and the LED Power/Reset switch/buttons are not lit and I shut down the computer the LED's stay off unlit.

However if I let the computer sleep then wake it and the LED Power/Reset switch/buttons are lit up and I shut down the computer they stay lit up even when the computer is off. This activity also generates a windows did not shut down properly or something error in windows reliability monitor the next boot up.

WTF!!!!!! What does your board do please????? Do I have a faulty board because it sometimes feels when the computer wakes from sleep it's not real stable.

HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED IF PEOPLE COULD COMFIRM THE BEHAVIOUR OF THE LED'S FOR POWER/RESET SWITCHES ON THEIR BOARDS PLEASE SO I CAN DETERMIN IF MY BOARD IS FAULTY OR IF THIS IS COMMON BEHAVIOR FOR ALL BOARDS.

Thank you.

Check the polarities and all wiring on the case to MB wiring at SYSTEM PANEL HEADER

That Windows error is why I ask that. Unless you something else amiss, improper case to MB might cause these two issues.
lowdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 8:05am
[URL=][/URL]
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Check the polarities and all wiring on the case to MB wiring at SYSTEM PANEL HEADER

That Windows error is why I ask that. Unless you something else amiss, improper case to MB might cause these two issues.

Yes I have already checked all connections to system Panel header etc....it's not that.

Windows error about system not shutting down properly can be triggered by entering bios first thing after a cold bootup and just F10 out so that is some bios/windows bug.

My question still is about the LED lights for the Power and Reset switches on the motherboard and their behaviour.

Surely someone has the board and can comment on this please. Is it realy that hard to check this out for Asrock X370 fatality Pro Gamers owners??????

Edited by lowdog - 25 Jun 2017 at 8:06am
Teckie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teckie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 8:55am
On mine, the power button always stays lid up along with others. Not the reset button.
I never let my system go into sleep mode so cant comment on it.
Ryzen 1700X
Asrock X370 Fatal1ty prof gaming (1.0.0.6a)
G.Skill 8gx2 3200 FlareX 14-14-14-34 CAS 14 (F4-3200C14D-16GFX)
EVGA G3 750 80Gold
EVGA clc 280 AIO
960 EVO M.2
860 EVO SSD
lowdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 9:06am
Originally posted by Teckie Teckie wrote:

On mine, the power button always stays lid up along with others. Not the reset button.
I never let my system go into sleep mode so cant comment on it.

Hmmm, so only the Power LED button stay lit but not the Reset LED button.....strange as well.

This IS the LED buttons on the motherboard correct???? not the power switch on the case????

Thanks for the feedback

Edited by lowdog - 25 Jun 2017 at 9:43am
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 9:51am
Originally posted by lowdog lowdog wrote:

Thank you.

So much missing basic information, hard to know where to start.

What version of Windows are you using?

What other basic hardware are you using?

I cannot at all agree with your idea that the behavior of the LEDs in the Power and Reset switches on the board is related to a message in a Windows log.

You wrote "... This activity also generates a windows did not shut down properly or something error..."

How do you know that "This activity" causes that entry in the Windows log?

A windows "did not shut down properly or something error". How are we supposed to diagnose this based upon an ambiguous "or something error"?

Have you changed any of the default option settings in the UEFI/BIOS?

What UEFI/BIOS version are you using?

Have you done anything with the RGB lighting controls on the board? Do you have any other components that have RGB lighting?
lowdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 10:08am
[URL=][/URL][URL=][/URL][URL=][/URL]
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

So much missing basic information, hard to know where to start.

What version of Windows are you using?

What other basic hardware are you using?

I cannot at all agree with your idea that the behavior of the LEDs in the Power and Reset switches on the board is related to a message in a Windows log.

You wrote "... This activity also generates a windows did not shut down properly or something error..."

How do you know that "This activity" causes that entry in the Windows log?

A windows "did not shut down properly or something error". How are we supposed to diagnose this based upon an ambiguous "or something error"?

Have you changed any of the default option settings in the UEFI/BIOS?

What UEFI/BIOS version are you using?

Have you done anything with the RGB lighting controls on the board? Do you have any other components that have RGB lighting?

Sorry for the post being misleading, let me try to clear some things up

Win 10 64bit.

Ryzen 1800X custom WC Loop - 2 x 16GB Corsair 3000MHz @ 2933MHz - 1 x 1TB Intel M.2 SSD - 1 x 1TB Intel M.2 NVMe - 3 x SATA SSD - 1 x SATA DVD ROM - 1500W Silverstone PSU - RX 580 Sapphire Nitro+ Limited Edition which has LED control but doesn't affect the motherboards issues with the Power and Reset button LED's..

Just entering the bios after a cold boot and not changing anything will generate THIS SPECIFIC error message in windows reliability monitor "Windows was not properly shut down" - this is some type of windows/bios bug as I have seen this on laptops and other computers for no apparent reason....anyway this is not the main point!

The main point is the activity of the onboard Power and Reset LED's!

The Power and Reset LED's behave the same way regardless of changes made in the bios or changes made to the RGB Lighting controls....changing the de bug led behaviour also make no change to the onboard Power and Reset LED's behaviour.'Windows was not properly shut down"

Edited by lowdog - 25 Jun 2017 at 1:43pm
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 12:27pm
Deep Sleep set to Enabled in BIOS?
lowdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Deep Sleep set to Enabled in BIOS?

No.

It's got me beat. On a cold boot up the fact they go out upon entering windows is like power is cut to them or something???.....and then lighting up upon waking from sleep is like the motherboard is not cycling power the same way it does upon boot up....it's just bizarre.    

Edited by lowdog - 26 Jun 2017 at 5:37am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic