ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AGESA 1.0.0.6a

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 23>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baskura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 12:40am
I don't know if the fan profile thing is a bug, I believe what they've done is change which sensor is being monitored to control fan speed.

In the previous bios fan speed was controlled by the 'CPU' sensor under the motherboard section (ASRock X370 Taichi) in HWiNFO64.

Now it appears to being controlled by the Tctl sensor (which I believe is actually just a fake sensor).

If you look in the BIOS at the temperature you should see what your idle temperature is roughly - mine was at about 55 degrees, in which case would match Tctl more or less. Remove the 20 degree offset of my X chip and that gives me an idle of around 35 degrees in the bios - which again is about right since there's no power saving etc running while not in Windows.

If you have a non X Ryzen CPU then your Tctl temperature would be 20 degrees lower.

So for my fan profile now, I have to set the trigger temps much higher to get the same results as the previous bios.

I'm guessing the reason they have done this is because the sensor they were using was slow to react and only peaked at 50 degrees for me. By using Tctl for the fan profiles the CPU cooler will react much faster to temperature increase, with the downside being your fans will spin up/down more often because the temperate from Ttcl is more jumpy.

I really think ASRock should be releasing change notes with new bios releases though, it shouldn't be down to people like me to have to work these things out.

Could someone actually confirm this, or is it indeed a bug?

Jakob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jakob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 12:45am
Thank you anyway, baskura!
I am looking forward to trying it out.
Change log would be very nice though...
Zwu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zwu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 12:58am
what baskura said - i added 20° and it was like before - seems to be related to temperature offset

@akagami

Dram voltage 1.36
SoC Voltage 1.15
Geardown disabled
procODT 56 Ohm
Commandrate 1T
XMP @ 3200
Teckie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teckie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 1:20am
So far CPU running at 3.9 fine. Turned on xmp profile at 3200 and the board failed again.
Looks like I cant win.
Ryzen 1700X
Asrock X370 Fatal1ty prof gaming (1.0.0.6a)
G.Skill 8gx2 3200 FlareX 14-14-14-34 CAS 14 (F4-3200C14D-16GFX)
EVGA G3 750 80Gold
EVGA clc 280 AIO
960 EVO M.2
860 EVO SSD
SoniC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SoniC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 1:43am
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

Thanks Star_Pilgrim, this was just with XMP set to on, no other tweaks at all. It passed all my stress testing then BSOD using chrome for some reason. I will be doing a fresh OS install later this weekend too, I want a clean testing environment to try the new AGESA 1.0.0.6a BIOS out. 

The system has been up and stable for a few hours since the last BSOD, I just upped my RAM voltage to 1.375. After a clean install I will look at things again. I can't rule out OS and driver issues at this point with all the different all in one drivers I have installed on here. 

Remember that setting XMP doesn't touch the Command Rate (probably your modules have 2T CR).
Had exactly the same issue with mine 4x running @ 3200 --- loaded XMP and BAM! it worked but somehow only 99% stable. 

CR needs to be at least checked in e.g. CPU-Z.

If you want to set it you will find it under the advanced DDR settings (first you need to disable Geardown else the CR setting will be ignored).

Njoy your now stable & fast RAM ;-)
-=SoniC=-
TR x1950, ASRock X399 FPG (v. 3.33A), G.Skill 3200 CL14 64GB, Enermax LiqTech 280,
AMD Vega 64 LC, 10x HDDs (mostly Hitachi), 2x M.2 (970EVO,960Pro), Xonar DX, AX1200i PSU
PinetreeRoad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinetreeRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 7:55am
Originally posted by baskura baskura wrote:

Now it appears to being controlled by the Tctl sensor (which I believe is actually just a fake sensor).

According to the HWiNFO author the Tctl reading is the actual on die temperature sensor for the CPU. The Tdie reading is the Tctl with the -20c offset.

Source https://www.hwinfo.com/forum/Thread-Ryzen-1700x-temp-sensor-which-one

Edited by PinetreeRoad - 15 Jul 2017 at 7:55am
Ricky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 2:01pm
for fan curve, i prefer using CPU socket sensor. As Tctl is a bit jumpy.

asrock should include an option that let us choose either CPU socket or Tctl. 
baskura View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baskura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by PinetreeRoad PinetreeRoad wrote:

Originally posted by baskura baskura wrote:

According to the HWiNFO author the Tctl reading is the actual on die temperature sensor for the CPU. The Tdie reading is the Tctl with the -20c offset.

Source https://www.hwinfo.com/forum/Thread-Ryzen-1700x-temp-sensor-which-one

Good to know, I knew one wasn't an actual sensor.
AlbinoRhino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlbinoRhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by Ricky Ricky wrote:

for fan curve, i prefer using CPU socket sensor. As Tctl is a bit jumpy.

asrock should include an option that let us choose either CPU socket or Tctl.?

My TCTL pretty much mirrors my CPU power demands. If you pull up a graph of your CPU activity you will see that every 10 seconds or so it spikes. Consistently. I haven't figured out why or how to make it smooth, but i believe it is typical across all Ryzen processors.

I have removed TCTL from HWInfo as my temps come nowhere close to justify a +20% offset so I removed it to reduce clutter. I kept TDIE as the reading since it is correct.

Do all CPU_Fan headers read TCTL as a default?

Edited by AlbinoRhino - 15 Jul 2017 at 10:49pm
Denroth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denroth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 1:05am
any info for killer sli?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 23>
  Share Topic