ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AMD AM4 RGB Control

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zigzagoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AMD AM4 RGB Control
    Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 6:31am
Hello everyone, 

I am going to be building my first PC soon, and I will be using the new Ryzen chips for it. 
I have been looking for a mATX form and found the ASRock AB350M Pro4 to fit what I want, but I am curious about the ASRock RGB control / support.
Since the board has a RGB header for the fan & other RGB items, I know that I can have a lot of different RGB items in it, but I have a few questions about: 
  1. G.Skill Trident RGB Ram support:  Will the ASRock RGB software be able to control / sync the RGB LEDs in the RAM with the rest of the case's RGB like the Asus' Aura software does?  Or will I have to download G.Skill's own software to control them individually / separately? 
  2. GPU / Video card RGB Support: Does the ASRock RGB software control the GPU / Video card's RGB lights?  Again, similar to the Asus Aura control on their motherboards.
I know that it seems like I should go and buy an Asus motherboard for the Aura control, but their mATX motherboards are not good IMO.  I have also heard that ASRock's support / quality is much better too! So I would like to stick with the Pro4 board that I have chosen. 

If anyone knows the answers to my questions & can help me out, that would be awesome! 

Links: 
Motherboard: https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16813157762
G.Skill RGB RAM: https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232498&cm_re=G.Skill_trident_rgb-_-20-232-498-_-Product
Example of the ASRock RGB Syncing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noVuUwVCTyY
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 6:49am
1. No. You'll req both control software. What with everyone now offering LED memory there are simply too many modes of control.

2. Again, no. For the same reason(s) I state above.

Sorry man. Hell of an answer to your 1st post.

Welcome nonetheless Embarrassed

Zigzagoon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zigzagoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 6:54am
Thats okay Wardog! 

Thank a lot for answering my questions. 
Honestly, it really isn't a big deal to have a few other softwares to control everything, it's more of me being lazy hahaha 
I know that ASRock has a solid backing from people who buy them, so I'd rather stick with something that is going to fit my overall needs & last - and not grab the first thing purely based on aesthetics only Thumbs Up
But even at that, the RGB control that it does have is actually pretty good too! 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic