ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x370 Killer AC Boot Issue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 3:46pm
And check that XMP @ 3200 sets them to 14-14-14-34-48 2T
AlbinoRhino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlbinoRhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by CocoaThumper CocoaThumper wrote:

[URL=][/URL]Update,

Yeah, it was the ram. I reset the ram and now its fine. UGH. But I used the XMP profile, and I specifically bought Gskill RAM that was Samsung B die with 14-14-14-34 timings so I could overclock to DDR4 3200 :(

Any ideas on further tweaks so I can get it stable?

Yeah it's a bit of a bummer that the XMP profiles don't always work without a bit of tweaking. I'm betting you can run 2933 with zero fuss until you can fine tune 3200. I had the Tridents as well and couldn't get them to boot at 3200 at all a month ago. They're making great progress though so sometime in the foreseeable future these things won't be a problem.
nycalex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nycalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 7:49pm
if you don't feel like messing with the settings, just choose xmp and then from drop down menu go with 2933. 2933 vs 3200 is minimal difference.

i got the same ram as yours, but the cheaper cas 16 version with hynix die and same motherboard. i can boot fine @ 3200, but it crashes when i game. with 2933 is been rock solid so far.

also, this may sound dumb..........but in what slots did you install the memory?

a1 + b1? or a2 + b2?

try going xmp @ 3200 with rams installed in A2 and B2 (second from the left and fourth from the left).

This simple fix enabled my ram to go 2933, before i was only able to go 2400.
CocoaThumper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CocoaThumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 1:28am
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Originally posted by CocoaThumper CocoaThumper wrote:

My ram is G.SKILL F4-3200C14D-16GTZ SW

I tried running the XMP profile, but that's when I run into issues with boot. Sometimes windows will load up at 3200mhz just fine. Other times the motherboard will clear my settings and set the ram down to 2133mhz

I don't do any tweaks to the RAM settings besides the XMP profile.

EDIT : I plan to test the RAM by running my system with each stick individually at stock and overclocked. Ill report back tomorrow evening.

You can yet I'm thinking it's Both memory voltages you need tweak.

Try using 53.3 procODT, 1.375v DRAM, and DRAM VTT to 0.69 or 0.70

Let me know how that goes

Ill give this a try. Could you lightly explain what procODT and DRAM VTT are?

Also, I'm a little concerned overclocking the RAM voltage to 1.375 as aren't we already overclocking quite a bit when I use the rated XMP profile to go up to 3200mhz and 1.35v ?

I'm new to RAM overclocking, and it always seemed like people just overclocked as far as the sticker on the RAM told them to.

@wardog

Edited by CocoaThumper - 06 Jul 2017 at 4:36am
CocoaThumper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CocoaThumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 6:57am
Update: I tried the XMP profile again. Now the 3200mhz XMP profile works just fine.

No failed boot attempts...and the motherboard doesn't downclock the RAM.

The only thing that's changed is I got my CPU overclock dialed in a bit better with Pstates. Could that have been it?

The RAM all of a sudden overclocking better doesn't make sense to me.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 11:24am
Find some wood and give it a knock or twelve heh?

Ryzen is very picky concerning voltages. The smaller the litho gets we'll be seeing more and more of this. Damn electrons wanting to do their own thing anyways .........
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic