ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x370 Killer AC Boot Issue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CocoaThumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x370 Killer AC Boot Issue
    Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 7:07am
Hello,

I have my x370 SLI Killer/AC motherboard is having boot issues. It was fine the first couple days I built the system, but now it struggles to boot before finally posting and opening windows.

After I press the power button, the fans and everything start up for about 4 seconds, then shuts off. Then it automatically starts up again, and shuts off after a few seconds. Then it does this again 1 or 2 times, before finally revving the CPU fan to a higher RPM for a slight second, and then posting.

My PSU is fine, as it is a several month old EVGA GS3 750w that was powering other systems just fine.

Regarding components, I have a basic overclock on the CPU at 3.7ghz with 1.3 volts. The Ram is overclocked using its standard XMP profile and thus running at its rated DDR4 3200 MHz speed.

Anyone care to chime in? Once I get into windows, the system is stable...but Id like to fix this problem. Don't want this to get worse.
AlbinoRhino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlbinoRhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 8:09am
The rebooting over and over is typically a symptom of an OC gone bad. I would drop the Ram OC first and try that out for a few boots. If it is still problematic I would drop the CPU OC and try that.

If it still continues with both the CPU and Ram running stock then I would try one Ram stick at a time to see if one of them is having issues.

Edit: forgot to mention that the rebooting is a built in feature that allows the mother board to try and stabilize the system before removing a Ram OC and throttling it back to 2133 for a successful boot.

Does your Ram revert to 2133 after the constant rebooting?

Edited by AlbinoRhino - 30 Jun 2017 at 8:12am
CocoaThumper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CocoaThumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 9:00am
I get into Windows with my overclocks in tact. My Ram does not drop down.

Edited by CocoaThumper - 30 Jun 2017 at 9:08am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CocoaThumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 9:28am
Ill do more testing and report back

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CocoaThumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 10:53am
Update,

Yeah, it was the ram. I reset the ram and now its fine. UGH. But I used the XMP profile, and I specifically bought Gskill RAM that was Samsung B die with 14-14-14-34 timings so I could overclock to DDR4 3200 :(

Any ideas on further tweaks so I can get it stable?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 11:01am
Originally posted by CocoaThumper CocoaThumper wrote:

Update,

Yeah, it was the ram. I reset the ram and now its fine. UGH. But I used the XMP profile, and I specifically bought Gskill RAM that was Samsung B die with 14-14-14-34 timings so I could overclock to DDR4 3200 :(

Any ideas on further tweaks so I can get it stable?

Great news huh.

Further tweaks. Please start by listing your systems specs, PSU included.

Also any tweaks you've done to date.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CocoaThumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 11:30am
Ryzen 1700 currently overclocking to 3.8ghz with 1.35 volts
Two 8GB sticks of Gskill Tridentz DDR4 3200 CL14 RAM (Samsung Bdie)
Asrock x370 SLI Killer AC motherboard
XFX RX 480 8GB GPU
EVGA G3 Gold 750w PSU
Crucial MX300 525GB SSD

Edited by CocoaThumper - 30 Jun 2017 at 11:31am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 1:27pm
What Kit # of TridentZ, and is running at its rated 3200?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CocoaThumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 2:11pm
My ram is G.SKILL F4-3200C14D-16GTZ SW

I tried running the XMP profile, but that's when I run into issues with boot. Sometimes windows will load up at 3200mhz just fine. Other times the motherboard will clear my settings and set the ram down to 2133mhz

I don't do any tweaks to the RAM settings besides the XMP profile.

EDIT : I plan to test the RAM by running my system with each stick individually at stock and overclocked. Ill report back tomorrow evening.

Edited by CocoaThumper - 30 Jun 2017 at 2:15pm
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by CocoaThumper CocoaThumper wrote:

My ram is G.SKILL F4-3200C14D-16GTZ SW

I tried running the XMP profile, but that's when I run into issues with boot. Sometimes windows will load up at 3200mhz just fine. Other times the motherboard will clear my settings and set the ram down to 2133mhz

I don't do any tweaks to the RAM settings besides the XMP profile.

EDIT : I plan to test the RAM by running my system with each stick individually at stock and overclocked. Ill report back tomorrow evening.

You can yet I'm thinking it's Both memory voltages you need tweak.

Try using 53.3 procODT, 1.375v DRAM, and DRAM VTT to 0.69 or 0.70

Let me know how that goes
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic