ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

SECURE FLASH CHECK FAILED

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote urlogic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SECURE FLASH CHECK FAILED
    Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 12:43am
I have a Powerspec G312 with a fm2a88x extreme6+ motherboard on bios version 3.00B

I have tried over and over again to update my BIOS to the latest version that I have downloaded from the official ASROCK website and it always says SECURE FLASH CHECK FAILED. I formatted my flash drive to FAT32, put the file on there and when I select it from instant flash it immediately gives me this error. I tried the internet flashing option, which for some reason only works on the European server, but gives me the same error.

Apparently, the latest version of my BIOS is 4.20. I would like to get it up to date ASAP but I am clueless on what to do now.

edit: I have also tried plugging the flash drive into the front ports and the back ports. No difference, same error.

Edited by urlogic - 01 Jul 2017 at 12:45am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 7:36am
I used to mod BIOSes, so I have to ask, regardless of what you say above ..........

The only time I've seen that error is when trying to flash a modded BIOS that was done improperly?

I suggest you re-download the 4.20 and check that the CRC is intact. So long as the CRC passes, extract the Instant Flash F288E6P4.20 file and retry.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 7:40am
Oh!

Make sure you are downloading and using the Instant Flash file from Instant Flash within the BIOS.

Now that I think of it, you may see that error if you're using Instant Flash but trying to load a DOS flashing file.

Edited by wardog - 01 Jul 2017 at 7:40am
lutz2004 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lutz2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 5:25am
Hi!

I have an H110M-HDV and i have the same problem. My Bios/Uefi Version is 1.80. Today tried to update the Bios to 7.20 with the APP Shop (newest version installed). After the restart i get the Secure Flash Check Fail! message. I then tried to use internet flash utility within the Bios. But with the same result. Then i used instant flash with version 1.90 and 7.20 (i downloaded the istant flash files). But the same message again. I testet it with the usb drive in the front and backpanel ports (USB 3.0 and 2.0). I also tested this with the default setting of the Bios/Uefi.
What im doing wrong? Even the internet flash fails with this error message.
urlogic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote urlogic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 12:34pm
Still having the same problem. Can't find a solution. I have done no modding to my bios at all, and I'm not trying to update to a modded version.
lutz2004 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lutz2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 3:44am
New update came out Version 7.60 and i still cannot update the bios/uefi!!!
lutz2004 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lutz2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 4:48pm
today i also tried the clear cmos method, but it didn't change anything.

Edited by lutz2004 - 02 Apr 2018 at 4:49pm
stree View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 6:33pm
Have to assume you are actually unpacking the file?
ASRock X370-ITX BIOS 4.50
R5 2600    Cryorig C7
EVGA GTX 950 75w
2x8GB Ballistix Sport LT 2933
960Evo M.2 256GB, Firecuda 1TB
Win 10 Pro 64 1803
G-Unique Archdaemon 300 Watt
Lian-li Q21B
lutz2004 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lutz2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 10:25pm
Yes i unpacked the files. Even with internet flash it didn`t worked (there you only need an usb drive and you didn`t have to do anything). Asrock support sends me a new bios chip with the latest bios version. The only method i didn`t try was flashing the bios with the tool from AMI.
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 10:45pm
feel free to try it, ull need afuefix64.efi file for Aptio V
command for it is as follow:

auefix64 bios.bin /b /p /n /x /k /l

justreplace bios.bin with your bios image name

if ME changed, then add /me command

after done, u will need to power off your pc, dunno what will happen if u just reboot, but theres some warning for that at end
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic