ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Unable to change RGB on x370 Professional

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote former carebear. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unable to change RGB on x370 Professional
    Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 5:54am
Hello,

I just rebuilt my PC yesterday, when I first turned it on I noticed that the RGB on the motherboard was blue. I figured I would be able to change it but I wanted to go ahead and start reinstalling all of my applications. Once that was done I installed the RGBLED software from the appstore thinking I would be able to change the color. I'm not able to change the color through the bios or through the software.

Anyone have any ideas ?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 8:18am
What CPU/cooler are we discussing?

Also, is this a new build using the X370 Pro, or did you just rearrange things where it was working before?

Note: You should only be using one RGB connection to the MB. Either USB or the straight 4-pin.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 9:13am
Originally posted by former carebear. former carebear. wrote:

Hello,

I just rebuilt my PC yesterday, when I first turned it on I noticed that the RGB on the motherboard was blue. I figured I would be able to change it but I wanted to go ahead and start reinstalling all of my applications. Once that was done I installed the RGBLED software from the appstore thinking I would be able to change the color. I'm not able to change the color through the bios or through the software.

Anyone have any ideas ?

What UEFI/BIOS version do you have in your board? Some of the very early versions might have problems controlling the RGB LEDs.

Do you have any other components that have RGB LED control? If you do, depending on the type they can interfere with the control of each other, with random results. If you do, what component(s) do you have?

I'm able to change the color of the RGB LEDs on my ASRock X370 board in the UEFI/BIOS. You did not give any details about what you did to change the color, so I'll go through some basics.

Did you try changing the color by clicking on the color wheel, and moving it to a different color? Or did you move the sliders on the right to change the colors? Did you click on the Apply All button after the adjustment?
former carebear. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote former carebear. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 9:42am
Yes, I guess I did add a kraken cooler and a hue+ since then.. I've tried to change the color in bios and through the software... Latest bios

Edited by former carebear. - 01 Jul 2017 at 9:45am
former carebear. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote former carebear. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 10:18am
I guess I'm not sure what you mean by you can't use both RGB connections... can you explain?
BillFleming View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillFleming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 5:59pm
BIOS 2.36 and 2.4 allow for some level of LED control directly from the BIOS. (When I tried it, some features didn't work but you could change the colors for sure)
If LED control (or some other BIOS features) don't seem to work I suggest pressing the CMOS reset button on the back.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 10:36pm

Yes, I guess I did add a kraken cooler and a hue+ since then.. I've tried to change the color in bios and through the software... Latest bios

That is probably the cause, the Hue+ is conflicting with the ASRock Aura RGB software, which Asus also uses.

You would need to remove the Hue+ and its software to get the ASRock RGB software working again, unfortunately. We are seeing this happen with other RGB components like G.SKILL's TridentZ RGB memory.

RGB lighting is relatively new, and it will take some time before the manufactures sort out their software issues.

I guess I'm not sure what you mean by you can't use both RGB connections... can you explain?

He's probably referring to the RGB connections possible with the AMD SR3 stock Ryzen cooler. You're not using it, so it doesn't matter in your situation.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic