ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x370 k4 EOL?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x370 k4 EOL?
    Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 11:47am
Asrock you need to make it clear that there will be support for the x370 k4 board. EOL a board and not supporting or bad support going forward will make many never buy a Asrock board again. 

parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by benb benb wrote:

Asrock you need to make it clear that there will be support for the x370 k4 board. EOL a board and not supporting or bad support going forward will make many never buy a Asrock board again. 

What are you talking about? Where do you get the EOL thing from? (I answered your post in spite of the threat.)
Ricky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

Originally posted by benb benb wrote:

What are you talking about? Where do you get the EOL thing from? (I answered your post in spite of the threat.)

Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Originally posted by BoneCrusherXes BoneCrusherXes wrote:

i actually would not recommend this board if ram speed matters a lot.

I don't either. The X370 Gaming K4 is now EOL(End of Life) and as such BIOS support will begin to dwindle sooner rather than later I'm afraid.

Haze, quite specific in your question(s). Buying on price or a quality of/on the board catch your attention?

http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5331&PID=31566&title=x370-gaming-k4-new-bios-with-agesa-1006-out#31566

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/6jlh6n/asrock_gaming_k4_x370_is_now_eol_as_stated_by/

http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5331&PID=31832&title=x370-gaming-k4-new-bios-with-agesa-1006-out#31832
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 1:38am
Guys, EOL from a manufacturer is not the same as EOL with software. I don't know if the K4 is EOL or not, I have seen some evidence that it may be or will be soon but until ASRock themselves tell me this is the case I will not confirm or deny.

EOL from a hardware manufacturer simply means they will no longer be producing the product. If EOL meant no support for hardware no one would be able to update their BIOS once new models come out. Regardless of a product being EOL or not it will continue to receive support, I have seen users get a custom BIOS made for them on 10 year old boards. ASRock goes above and beyond for it's users, even when there is no profit to be had. Most board partners I have dealt with in the past have told me to upgrade if I want a certain feature or piece of hardware to work on an older platform. ASRock actually tries to accommodate you if it is possible and will give you suggestions for a reasonably priced upgrade if not. 

So, in a nutshell EOL for hardware = end of production run not end of support. Maybe they should change the term to OOP = Out Of Production?

I hope this addresses your concerns.
benb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 2:08am
Having an issue with this response. I have both the k4 and the pro boards. None of the k4 tickets have been anwser in more than a week, and I am not the only one. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic