ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question about sound for X370 K4 owners

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question about sound for X370 K4 owners
    Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 12:48am
In some situation I have sound problem with this board.

Example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wimBOZHu6c&t=145s

On this video from 1:15 to 1:50 and 2:59 to 3:26 when character Fink Propaganda is talking (talk about bees), sound is like is overvolumed, I don`t know how to describe it, like I have small budget speakers and they are at they max volume and sound is start to shake. I tryed this video on other PC and it sound better without big sound shaking - overvolumed. Maybe audio codec ALC1220 creates much better clearer sound that creates this than on my other PC (ALC887, I think). Also I noticed that behaviour in some other situation.

When I listen it with headphones on front panel, my speaker and monitor speaker it is the same situation, so it is the something software or something with the motherboard sound. I have latest Realtek driver installed.

I think I read before that some users of this board stated that they have sound problem. Will BIOS update fix it? 

Or maybe I am overreacting beacuse I never before had ALC1220 and all may concetration now is on soundSmile 
Asingo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 3:16am
Found another good example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxdwEOpGknk

There was some backside crackling noise, mostly after 50% of the video, example 3:30 - 3:40, I heard crackling noise.

Any advice how to solve this?

Bad board?
Asingo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 9:50pm
Nobody knows? Has anbody listen to this videos?
Jahnal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jahnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 11:00pm
There is no problem on my speakers.
On one of my headphones only https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wimBOZHu6c&t=145s from 1:15 to 1:50 in the right handset, quite mild, I probably would not notice it.

I think there is a problem in the wrong impedance of your devices, try other speakers and headphones.

The BIOS is so difficult to repair.
Asingo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by Jahnal Jahnal wrote:

There is no problem on my speakers.
On one of my headphones only https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wimBOZHu6c&t=145s from 1:15 to 1:50 in the right handset, quite mild, I probably would not notice it.

I think there is a problem in the wrong impedance of your devices, try other speakers and headphones.

The BIOS is so difficult to repair.

I don`t think it is the problem in devices, like I said before I tryed with:

-Speakers
-Headpones on front panel
- Monitor integrated speakers

Can I change impedance setting in windows? Also is default setting in sound settings 24bit - 48000hz? What else could I try?
chainsaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chainsaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 11:51pm
try disabling the audio in the bios and boot up. then go back and turn it back on. just fixed the cracking for me. still too early to say if its truly fixed.  it has not sensed the impedance, this can be something to do with it 
Asingo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 12:21am
Originally posted by chainsaw chainsaw wrote:

try disabling the audio in the bios and boot up. then go back and turn it back on. just fixed the cracking for me. still too early to say if its truly fixed.  it has not sensed the impedance, this can be something to do with it 

That didn`t help Confused I will try later more option with that, maybe unplug the speaker and turn off the PC. Do you have on your K4 constatn crackling? On my board is only on specified part.
chainsaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chainsaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 12:36am
it was only cracking on the front and only at volumes from 9%-35% reminds me of a old stereo with a bad volume nob
Sebizzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sebizzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 6:19am
Originally posted by Asingo Asingo wrote:

Nobody knows? Has anbody listen to this videos?

well i check on 2 diffrent headphones and mobile phone with android, i see close to no difference in sounds. In first video 1:15-1:50 when he said Bee is 100% overvolumed but it is on purpose from game, soo if you get "better" sound on other devices then is their sound "fix" not true one. Same thing in 2:59-3:26 but with little crackling i guess on purpose too. In second video i hear something close to crackling but looks like is on purpose, on 4:02-4:18 i hear real crackling sounds for me, but still i hear it on both devices soo i guess is nothing wrong.
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
MB: ASRock X370 Gaming K4
RAM: Crucial 2x8 GB 2400 MHz Dual Rank
GPU: MSI Radeon Rx 470 8GB
SSD: Crucial MX200
Case: PHANTEKS Enthoo Pro
PSU: Corsair VS550
celerity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote celerity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by Asingo Asingo wrote:

Found another good example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxdwEOpGknk

There was some backside crackling noise, mostly after 50% of the video, example 3:30 - 3:40, I heard crackling noise.

Any advice how to solve this?

Bad board?
i've had the seme problem and now it's gone... can't remember what i did lol

watched both videos (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wimBOZHu6c&t=145s), all fine on my rig

a) what Realtek driver version do you have? remove drivers completely + get recent drivers from Realtek, not Asrock
b) have you uninstalled creative cinema 3?
c) try plugging in and out the sound cable after restarting
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic