ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Get VCore down?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naddel81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Get VCore down?
    Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 9:45pm
Hi,

I successfully OCed my 1600 to 3750 MHz. It downclocks to 1.6 GHz when IDLE, but only after giving the ryzen energy profile a 5% (instead of the default 90%) on "minimum CPU usage".

But the VCore I set at 1.35V does not move a bit. Not even when IDLE.

How come?
What can I do to make it go down to 0.X V when IDLE on my AB350 PRO4?

Best wishes!
naddel81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naddel81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 8:40am
UPDATE:

Vcore decrease works fine when overclocking with ryzen master software.
how come BIOS/UEFI cannot do it?
CocoaThumper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CocoaThumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 10:38am
How have you performed your overclocks? OC Tweaker menu? Advanced Pstates menu?

And are you using a voltage offset?
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 11:56am
My 1700X will idle at a bit under 0.400V, with the OC set to 3,925MHz in the OC Tweaker screen, no PStates mods or usage.

Check the VCore reading in the lower right area of this HWiNFO64 display. This is with using the Ryzen power plan unmodified:

I have Cool N Quiet enabled, and C6 C States support enabled.

Also, try switching from the Ryzen power plan to the Windows Balanced plan for a test.

What are you using to monitor the VCore?

What Windows version are you using? Windows 10, newer releases, has better Ryzen support. If you're using Windows 7, you get nothing for Ryzen support.
naddel81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naddel81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 3:50pm
I have the AB350 PRO4 which does not have offset voltage in BIOS/UEFI. I tried OC Tweaker, but with the result that it did not clock down without changing the power plan minimum CPU usage to 5% (from 90% default with the ryzen power plan).
Voltage does not drop when using OC Tweaker. So I went with ryzen master tool in Windows 10 and this works great. I just wished it would when using BIOS/UEFI.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic