ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

EKWB D5 pwm pump only running at 2000 rpm

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chiao_yheg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EKWB D5 pwm pump only running at 2000 rpm
    Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 2:31pm
D5 pumps run at 4800 rpm max speed. my pump works at max speed on an asus and msi mobo i have. 
I am however unable to run it as max speed on this mobo. tried plugging the pump on cpu and cpu_opt header set to pwm, both unable to run at max.
can you tell me which fan header to use and what setting to configure to run my pump at maximum?
System:
X370 Taichi, 2.40 BIOS, 1700 CPU, Win7 64-bit, EKWB D5 water pump

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 3:23pm
Odd.

They run at 100% when missing the PWM feedback provided by the motherboard.

I'll ask this, and don't get pissy for my asking as it happens with fans here all the time, but are your sure you haven't missplaced it on the 4-pin PWM fan header(s). re: getting three pins and missing the 4th. Or possibly not getting the pin 1 orientation correct?

Like I saidx, it should run at 100% missing the PWM feedback. That's why I asked the above two ??'s.

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by chiao_yheg chiao_yheg wrote:

D5 pumps run at 4800 rpm max speed. my pump works at max speed on an asus and msi mobo i have. 
I am however unable to run it as max speed on this mobo. tried plugging the pump on cpu and cpu_opt header set to pwm, both unable to run at max.
can you tell me which fan header to use and what setting to configure to run my pump at maximum?
System:
X370 Taichi, 2.40 BIOS, 1700 CPU, Win7 64-bit, EKWB D5 water pump

OH!

1. Put the pump power wiring on the CPU_OPT/W_PUMP header
2. Enter BIOS, Hardware Monitor tab, and set CPU_OPT / W_Pump Switch to Water Pump _AND_ also set CPU Optional Fan Control Mode to PWM

That's from the Manual, pg 74

Let us know how that works out.
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 3:42pm
Dear chiao_yheg,

Greetings, this is ASRock TSD.

About your question, we test in our lab, the connector can work at full speed properly.
Please make sure your water pump is connecting at the CPU_OPT / W_PUMP connector and then modify below setting.

1. Set the CPU_OPT / W_PUMP Switch to W_PUMP
2. Set Water Pump Control Mode??to PWM Mode
3. Set Water Pump Setting to Full Speed

After BIOS setting, please press F10 to save configuration, after system restart, the water pump should work at full speed.

Thanks!

All the best,
ASRock TSD

Edited by ASRock_TSD - 04 Jul 2017 at 3:43pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic