ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help with AB350 Gaming k4

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaximusPrime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with AB350 Gaming k4
    Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 9:31am
AngryAngryAngryHello there  so the motherboard or the windows 7 or maybe both doesn't recognize more than 2 graphics cards. Would you please help me I'm trying to solve this as soon as possible. I dont know if I should do something in the bios and if I shall I'm wondering what? Btw the motherboard is asrock ab350 k4, ryzen 1400 , and windows7. The graphic cards are all the same powercolor red devil rx580. Looking forward to hear from you. And I have as well 1200watt Seasonic 80+gold and 2x 8GB corsair vengeance. Now i have plugged in 3 but only two recognizes. Only once it recognized 3 but as soon I put another one it starts to crash and blink and it doesnt recognize no more than 2. I really wanna know how to solve this. Thanks in advance. 
Angry
Jm62383 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jm62383 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 4:45pm
The ab350 only has 2 graphics slots, you sure thats the board you have?

Edited by Jm62383 - 11 Jul 2017 at 5:03pm
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by Jm62383 Jm62383 wrote:

The ab350 only has 2 graphics slots, you sure thats the board you have?

Most likely they are mining on it and using 1 of the x1 slots too
Lesane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lesane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 12:47am
Well, if that's true he sorta left out some important info. Hopefully the OP can confirm.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 1:07am
OP, no disrespect.

Originally posted by Lesane Lesane wrote:

Well, if that's true he sorta left out some important info. Hopefully the OP can confirm.

Most posters do. <face plant>
yue0707 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yue0707 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 2:51am
AMD Ryzen and the AM4 platform do not support any more than 2 GPU's in a CF/SLI configuration. 

However if you are doing something like Etherium mining (evil people...) i'm not sure if it will pick up multi GPU setups not in a CF/SLI config.

More so if you do mine Etherium lets say, you went to the wrong platform to do that on. Just saying. If you want more than two GPU's, stick with Intel or wait for AMD Threadripper to come out so you get 64 PCI-E lanes to utilize while mining. You're wasting your money if you are trying to mine on Ryzen. 

It could be subject to change in the future, but as i see it right now they might be detected and have drivers installed for them but cant be used for gaming, mining, etc. They are basically duds that sit there. That is why every motherboard you see for AM4 usually only has two PCI-E x16 or 16 (x8) slots. 

Edited by yue0707 - 12 Jul 2017 at 2:56am
Nightbird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 4:03am
Jm62383 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jm62383 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 5:13am
The board is actually advertised as quad xfire capable so it should work.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 11:19am
Originally posted by Jm62383 Jm62383 wrote:

The board is actually advertised as quad xfire capable so it should work.

The AMD Quad CrossFireX spec refers only to dual GPU video cards. This board will only accept two video cards running in SLI, whether single or dual GPU cards, for gaming purposes.

The OP's issue, as wardog said above, is likely caused by attempting to set up a mining PC using four video cards. Two will be mounted in the PCIe x1 slots, as that is sufficient for mining. Three cards apparently works, four does not.

This is a common problem in this situation, that is caused by the lack of enough memory that is normally allocated (4GB) for the purpose of mapping the addresses of the PCIe devices, by the MMU. Another term for it is "Above 4G decoding".

I'm not certain if the following option setting in a Ryzen system will help the OP, but try enabling the IOMMU option in the Advanced, North Bridge Configuration screen in the UEFI/BIOS.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by Nightbird Nightbird wrote:

@ MaximusPrime
Maybe you did the wrong choice.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/biostar-ta-320-btc-crypto-mining-motherboard,34966.html

Gasp! Biostar? Shame on you Ouch

ASRock makes many different "mining' specific motherboards.

The Latest. Asrocks H110 Pro BTC+ with 13, THIRTEEN, PCIe slots. 1 x16 and 12 x1's.
http://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/H110%20Pro%20BTC+/index.asp

With an estimated street price of $150.00USD and mining specific, it really isn't worth monkeying around with an enthusiast desktop/gaming board.

AB350 Gaming K4 - ~$100.00USD
H110 Pro BTC+ - ~$150.00USD

That's what I'm talkin' about. An extra ~$50.00 for a built from the ground up mining board and BIOS. Plus 3 additional power connections to keep all the lanes/slots powered.

Yea, it might take an extra week and a half to "mine' that $50 dollar bill back on ROI, but far far less trouble and headaches.

Never mind you'd be getting the ultimate in expandability.

Edited by wardog - 12 Jul 2017 at 3:41pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic