ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock x370 pro/game bricked. 4B

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maiwan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock x370 pro/game bricked. 4B
    Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 9:15pm
Asrock x370 gaming pro
Corsair vengeance 2x8gb 3200
Ryzen 1800x

3 weeks after upgrading bios to 2.40 it no longer posted, board led stopped at 4B. Already rma''d and have a replacement. Was this just a bad board or bios bug? I don't want to rma another...

Edited by Maiwan - 13 Jul 2017 at 9:19pm
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by Maiwan Maiwan wrote:

Asrock x370 gaming pro
Corsair vengeance 2x8gb 3200
Ryzen 1800x

3 weeks after upgrading bios to 2.40 it no longer posted, board led stopped at 4B. Already rma''d and have a replacement. Was this just a bad board or bios bug? I don't want to rma another...

4B is a problem related to memory.

Since you did not provide any other information about what you did to diagnose or fix the issue, it is impossible to know what actually happened.

You used UEFI/BIOS version 2.40 for three weeks fine apparently, and then had the problem. I don't understand what makes you think a BIOS bug caused the problem.

Is the replacement board working fine? What UEFI/BIOS version are you using now?
Maiwan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maiwan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 12:06am
Hi. I did the usual reset cmos, try only 1 stick of ram, different ram, reinstall cpu. The fault was with the motherboard, hence why it was rma replaced, they also tested it with different memory/cpu, the motherboard was at fault.

The reason I blame the bios is because this person also rma'd with error 4B after upgrading to 2.40

http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5564&title=first-time-asrock-buyer-not-too-happy

The replacement board is working fine with the same components, default bios 2.0.

Edited by Maiwan - 14 Jul 2017 at 12:12am
Kevin A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by Maiwan Maiwan wrote:

Hi. I did the usual reset cmos, try only 1 stick of ram, different ram, reinstall cpu. The fault was with the motherboard, hence why it was rma replaced, they also tested it with different memory/cpu, the motherboard was at fault.

The reason I blame the bios is because this person also rma'd with error 4B after upgrading to 2.40

http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5564&title=first-time-asrock-buyer-not-too-happy

The replacement board is working fine with the same components, default bios 2.0.

I also have the same motherboard and over the same month(+) since the release of Bios 2.40... I have had the same error. 4B.

This didn't happen 'pre' version 2.40.

I trace it to 'possible' serious voltage fluctuations that may be damaging my board. I have watched various utilities report incredible maintained voltage irregularities. I have swapped a Voltage Regulator/Line Conditioner(APC) and a UPS(Tripp Lite) to attempt to troubleshoot the issue and maintain consistent current to my Sea Sonic 750 Gold PS. However, even after the 4B error I was always able to get my workstation up and running again(same steps you followed), but at reduced OC and Voltage. Pre BIOS 2.40 I was able to run my 1800X at 4.1Ghz OC. After I upgraded to Bios 2.40 I steadily have had to reduce both the OC and voltage(when 4B error occurs) and I am now down to 3.85Ghz OC for over a week...without issue thus far.

I'll upgrade to BIOS 3.0 this weekend and see what happens. If the problem continues, I wont RMA. I'll 'deal' with it until a competitor releases a 'next crop' of X370 Boards, or if the board outright fails, I'll have to purchase a current competitor MOBO(none currently overly excite me, but...if I must...).

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic