ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Overcocking the x370 killer SLI. Help!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drain_Bamaged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Originally posted by Drain_Bamaged Drain_Bamaged wrote:

Got it!!

At least the RAM instability /clock speed issue. I changed procODT to 48. With this change I got 2933!

Now I need to learn how to do Pstate overclocking. I really don't understand it but all I know is I dont want to run my CPU at a fixed voltage.

Now change to my recommended procODT of 53.3 if you haven't yet.

Going "lower' on the procODT value is defeating what you are attempting to do there.

Lover values entered there only serve to further limit the mem. ie: akin to lowering CAS/CL
way ahead of ya XD. Learned 53.3 is default and AMD recommends 50-60 so I had already gone ahead and did that.

Thank you very much for commenting.

Now...are you able to lend a hand with overclocking? I know my 1600 can do 3.8 at 1.35v. I would like to use Pstate overclocking. What is the process? Do I use off set vcore? if so, do I take default vcore ( something like 1.24v) and enter a offset that would make it 1.35v total? What about the Pstates page?

My tries at overclocking left me wondering why clock speed stays at max and never goes down at idle ( which I believe is where Pstates come in?

Thank you Wardog.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 12:08pm
DB

Have you tried bumping SoC just a pinch to 1.1 or 1.175, DRAM Voltage up an additional +0.025 to 1.375, procODT to 53.3, and surely MEM_VTT to 0.690 or maybe even 0.700 yet?

That advice there of mine has helped many Users. That knowledge is gleaned from days and days of mem testing here the 6 Kits of DDR4 I have.

Also, consider that a "starting point". You may very well want to lower those v's as testing there shows/allows for..

Drain_Bamaged View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drain_Bamaged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 12:10pm
Yes, I have come across that info. SOC is at 1.1. As far as Dram voltage, I (believe?) my RAM instability /unwillingness to clock at 2933 was due to procODT as 1.35 seems to be fine.
VTT is half of Dram voltage automatically. Not sure what benefit raising that offers? I know NOTHING about VTT though.

Edited by Drain_Bamaged - 14 Jul 2017 at 12:12pm
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 12:18pm
p=state OC'ing is hampered in BIOSes containing AGESA 1.0.0.6.

It's not th AGESA yet rather the internals of BIOSes that have .6. That's the reference point I'm using.

Tonight ASRock is beginning to release new BIOSes with AGESA 1.0.0.6a.

When 3.00 is released ror your board, remember FIRST to Reset to UEFI Deaults, Save and Exit, THEN and ONLY then flash as this is major BIOS re-write/update.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drain_Bamaged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

p=state OC'ing is hampered in BIOSes containing AGESA 1.0.0.6.

It's not th AGESA yet rather the internals of BIOSes that have .6. That's the reference point I'm using.

Tonight ASRock is beginning to release new BIOSes with AGESA 1.0.0.6a.

When 3.00 is released ror your board, remember FIRST to Reset to UEFI Deaults, Save and Exit, THEN and ONLY then flash as this is major BIOS re-write/update.

Thank you. Very good to know.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 12:19pm
VTT is the memory controller(IMC) voltage. AMDs past(??) weak link.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 12:22pm
And FYI. There is actually no "Default' procODT value as it is derived from many variables present.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drain_Bamaged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 12:35pm
Ugh. Why is it sitting at 1500mhz? I have 1.36v atm with level 3 LLC ( 1.35vcore in bios), and 3800mhz is set in bios....

Coolnquiet is off, global cstates are off. What the heck causes this?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 12:43pm
Where are you seeing this 1500?

Are you sure that 1500 doesn't represent 3000 in DDR speak?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 12:45pm
I've NEVER seen mem on Ryzen post at an actual 1500.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic