ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

HDC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eliminatrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HDC
    Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 10:37pm

Hi All,

I have an ITX box with an ASRock FM2A88X-ITX+ motherboard. It came with an AMD 5300 Dual-Core CPU. I've installed Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate.
I upgraded the CPU to an AMD 7870K but when I try to play a BluRay with this CPU, the HDCP status is disabled.
I've just taken it out and put the 5300 back and the HDCP is enabled / Ok.
Could I have damaged the 7870K when I installed it in the socket to cause the HDCP issue?
I really, really want to use the 7870K as I can see a massive and noticeable system improvement overall using this CPU.

I've updated the BIOS to the latest to ensure it's compatible with that CPU.

Any help / advice?

I
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 7:41am
And ...... You're using the iGPU, not a discreet graphics card?

Just what BIOS revision do you have now?
eliminatrix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eliminatrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 2:51pm
I have just tried doing a complete format / install of Windows 10 Pro and the issue remains. I install all the lastest AMD drivers and the HDCP status is still disabled.
My current BIOS version is P3.40. The only GPU is the one integrated into the AMD A10-7870K CPU. 
I am not getting any other errors, issues or blue screens. No matter what I try, I don't seem to get HDCP to enable with the 7870K.

Help please!
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 3:19pm
HDCP is a handshake between your monitor and (i)GPU.

Using any video cable adapters? Those have been known to interfere with HDCP.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic