ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

FM2A88X Extreme4+

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meksi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FM2A88X Extreme4+
    Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 10:07pm
I have 

FM2A88X Extreme4+with AMD Athlon(tm) X4 740 Quad Core Processor ,Amd Radeon R7 2gb gddr5,8gb ram.My problem is overheating,procesor idle temperature is over 60c,in games goes over 85c.I found that alarming because for Amd idle temperature should be around 55-60c,just hope that problem is not faulty chipset.

parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by Meksi Meksi wrote:

I have 

FM2A88X Extreme4+with AMD Athlon(tm) X4 740 Quad Core Processor ,Amd Radeon R7 2gb gddr5,8gb ram.My problem is overheating,procesor idle temperature is over 60c,in games goes over 85c.I found that alarming because for Amd idle temperature should be around 55-60c,just hope that problem is not faulty chipset.

We have no idea what CPU cooler you are using, or the PC case and number and location of intake and exhaust case fans in the case. Are you sure that the CPU cooler's mounting is right, and the TIM is applied correctly?

Also no idea what the CPU VCore is set at, usually the stock default VCore is set high to insure every CPU will work.

The high CPU temperature during gaming is common when using a stock AMD CPU cooler, or many CPU coolers without adequate ventilation for the heat produced by the video card. The heat from the video card stays inside the PC case, and that hot air is being used to cool the CPU, which does not work.

How would a faulty chipset cause the CPU temperature to be high?
Meksi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meksi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 2:58pm
Codegen Q3343-A11 is the case with 3 fans inside one on the back one on the side and one on the front.AMD Overdrive shows that all fans works VCore shows 3200 ghz target and dosent go over 3195ghz ,power is Chieftec  Gps -600A8.Procesor cooler is i guesing standard because i can't open case because of guarantee.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic