ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 Gaming K4: Trident-Z 3200@CL14 won't POST

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jakob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X370 Gaming K4: Trident-Z 3200@CL14 won't POST
    Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 2:10am
Hi there!

I have an issue with my RAM not POSTing, which I havebeen trying to resolve for quite a while now. Startet with BIOS 2.30 and now am on 3.00 (AGESA 1.0.0.6a).

ASRock customer service (Europe) was nice, but could not help.
--> first suggestion: CL14 should be changed to 15 (no use, since i can't enter BIOS)
--> second : wait for BIOS update (two down, no use so far)
--> third: use one stick only, clear CMOS, install in slot A2, try, clear CMOS, try B2, clear CMOS try other two slots // try same with other module (didn't help)

My questios is: Will I EVER be able to use my RAM with this Motherboard?

This RAM should be the same as the Flare-X by G.Skill (Samsung B-Dies) and thus it should be "designed for AM4 systems". However, it seems to be incompatible, at least at the moment.

I bought the cheapest RAM on the "supported RAM list" (in this case: 2 x crucial 8 GB 2133 MHz CL15 at 1.2 V) and it works!
Could even put in one of the G.Skills (SR) with one crucial (DR!) so at least I could use AIDA and CPUID to get some info.

The G.Skill RAM was manufactured in March 2017 and is called F4-3200C14D-16GTZ (two modules of 8GB).

When individually combined with a crucial stick they both work on 2133 MHz.

The two crucial sticks works fine up to 2667 MHz when I only use those two crucial modules.
Whenever I put in on of the Trident-Z and try to increase MHz, errors occur, system won't POST. So I can not enter BIOS.
Whenever I try to put in ONLY the G.Skill RAM --> error, no POST.

Tried clearing CMOS, reinstalling, clearing CMOS (taking the battery out)...

Error code is 3E (then some numbers: 14 15 17; all very fast, so I'm not 100% sure) F9 C0 d0 0d. "0d" stays until restart.

I uploaded some pictures to help you help me. :)

Thank you very much Clap

AIDA Trident-Z 1 of 2
AIDA Trident-Z 2 of 2CPUID Crucial
CPUID TRident-ZCPUID Validation of G.Skill+Crucial RAM working together
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic