ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > OverClocking(OC) Zone > OC Technical Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

BIOS 3.00 Pstate OC'ing?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Ken429 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken429 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 9:32pm
I have watched a video on how to OC the X370 Taichi M/B using the Pstate method. Everything makes sense except I can't find the BIOS option under Advanced>AMD CBS>Zen Common Options>Custom Core Pstates>Accept. Did version 3.00 change or move the "Custom Core Pstates" entry? I have changed everything back in the OC Tweaker section to Auto. Yet the Pstate0 and Pstate1 show the OC settings I had set in the OC Tweaker when Pstate0 or Pstate1 "Custom" is selected. That's all fine and good except the BIOS will not let me change any of the Pstate entries. It always sets them back to the original value! So...I need to find how to Accept Custom Core Pstates or determine what other setting is keeping this option from showing? Help would be greatly appreciated.

I tried Disabling "Global LC State Control" and now I can change the entries in Pstae0 and Pstate1. I guess that's progress but the only reason I'm playing with Pstate OC'ing is to get the system to down clock and down Vcore when the system is idle. That ain't happening according to CPU-Z 1.80. At least when I used the OC Tweaker method the Vcore dropped down when the system was idle?!

Edited by Ken429 - 21 Jul 2017 at 5:00pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic