ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryzen 1500x AB350m odd crashes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robmeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ryzen 1500x AB350m odd crashes
    Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 3:17am
Hi guys

New build for my partner, ok if i link to tomshardware? i have a thread there but it's not received many replies at all and i'm at a loss as to what i should do next

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-3471189/build-freezing-games-occasionally-windows-gpu.html

there are some screeshots linked (imgur)

All the steps i've taken are documented, I would appreciate any help what so ever at this stage.

Edited by Robmeng - 21 Jul 2017 at 3:20am
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 3:29am
Robmeng, I suggest you post on the MSI forum.  Enjoy, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
Robmeng View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robmeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 3:39am
The only MSI product involved is the GPU which is tested and working fine on another system. My mobo is Asrock.
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 4:15am
Sorry, Robmeng, my bad!  I suggest you post all your system specifications here as in my signature.  I cannot find your memory in the Qualified list but I see no 8G sticks.  So, I assume, you are running dual channel.  What slots are you using?  Are you running at 2400 MHz or OCing?  Do you ever get a BSOD?  If so, please compress the Minidump folder in the Windows folder and upload somewhere we can access it.  I assume the Hynix SL308 is an SSD.  Have you loaded the latest drivers?  Is it installed in the M2_1 socket?  I will look some more on the Tom's site.  Explicitly what BIOS are you running (3.00?).  Enjoy, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
Robmeng View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robmeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 4:48am
Asrock AB350m pro4 latest bios

MSI GTX 970 gaming (factory OC)

Ryzen 1500x (stock)

2x4GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400 CMK8GX4M2A2400C14

2x 1TB WD green drives (storage) and a 120GB Hynix SL308 canvass (OS drive) (the two games mentioned below are installed to this drive also)

PSU 450W Seasonic G Series 80 plus gold Hybrid modular

Windows 10 x64 Updated

Main issue is when playing games (Team Fortress 2/ L4D2 mostly) the game will lock up, mainly when loading into a server, or just after loading into the server. But not always, she can play for hours sometimes without issue. We get a variety of errors in event viewer, the latest being -

The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event: 

\Device\Video3
Graphics Exception: ESR 0x404490=0x80000001

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

Now as for what i've tried: Fresh clean install of windows. Reinstall GPU drivers using display driver uninstaller beforehand. move ram from A2 B2 to A1 B1. I switched my Evga GTX 980 SC 2.0 into her machine and the freezes persist, using the GTX 970 in my machine i have no problems, so i can rule out the card itself being defective. It's passed through Furmark 1080p test ok multiple times.

I've ran memtest for 3 passes with no errors. Used both the XMP profile and mobo default ram speeds. I'm using AMD's balanced power plan but with the pci-e setting off. I've tried debug mode in Nvidia control panel and prefer maximum performance. Temps are fine according to all monitoring software.

I was thinking the 450W PSU could be an issue but i believe it is a good PSU and the components shouldn't draw near the full capacity?
Robmeng View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robmeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 4:49am
Stress tested PSU in occt for 15 minutes. Done the gpu and CPU tests too. Crashes are not 100% repeatable sometimes she can play for hours other times it will crash again and again.

Fresh windows 10 install from usb. Issues since the start. Mobo updated, gpu drivers cleanly installed multiple times, different gpu used. 

Mainly manifests in Team Fortress 2 (game freezes completely but can task manager to windows easily) event viewer will sometimes log a gpu driver fail sometimes it won't. Occasionlly when viewing videos on youtube the screen will flash green for a split second.

At this point i'm thinking power supply - CPU - MOBO or RAM. Hopefully it's a software issue though.

Attempted to play TF2 about an hour ago, i loaded in the XMP ram profile in UEFI beforehand, game played for a while then BSOD (first time it's happened on TF2)

Currently Reign of Kings without issue (has been running fine for days now tbh)

Some screens from HWINFO while playing RoK (can play for hours on this game)

and bios voltages

There has been a variety of windows error logs and sometimes none at all. Currently running another series of memtest so i will upload the minidmp asap.

Edited by Robmeng - 21 Jul 2017 at 5:01am
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 5:15am
Thanks, Robmeng.  I do not see anything strange except the VRM temperature but I have seen others complaining about very high temps.  Is it really hot to the touch - careful, almost boiling water!  My VRM is running 42 C right now.  Windows is bad about logging lots of errors that don't seem to mean much.  Your BIOS is 3.00?  Some memory help in AGESA 1.0.0.6a (3.00 BIOS).  How many sticks of memory are you running?  Will the games run with half the memory?  I am thinking of testing sticks and slots.  Use F12 in the BIOS to create a .bmp screenshot file on a FAT formatted USB stick.  Are all failures in games?  If you let the system sit a the Welcome screen all night, is OK the next day?  My system hung on this if memory was in A1 or A2 - RMAed the MB.  Enjoy, John.
Robmeng View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robmeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 5:49am
Hi

I've updated to the very latest 3.00, have tried A1 B1 and A2 B2

Ram is 2x4GB yes https://www.scan.co.uk/products/8gb-(2x4gb)-corsair-ddr4-vengeance-lpx-black-pc4-19200-(2400)-non-ecc-unbuffered-cas-14-16-16-31-xmp

Currently running memtest - http://imgur.com/a/tQsAO

I've noted that the timings are different from the rated timings of the ram sticks and by extension the XMP profile. i assume XMP profiles are bugged as of now? However CPU-Z gives me this http://imgur.com/a/KZPl5

Benchmark in memtest http://imgur.com/a/fNTAm

Memtest result (should i run over night?) http://imgur.com/a/FAoXZ

the VRM feels cool to the touch, temps seem to read above 90 all the time.

Just to confirm i have installed the cooler the correct way around?
http://imgur.com/a/lPw1m

I have uploaded the only DMP file in the minidmp folder, dated the 17th (this was a critical CPU error i believe) i'm not sure off its relation to our issues. https://www.dropbox.com/s/rk5u40e1zmbeer8/071717-5750-01.dmp?dl=0

I will try running with a single stick.

thanks.

EDIT: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vbepei36w13s8dh/AADlvQ2QaTYXAiT-wl0Ay0Tsa?dl=0

Bios screens (hopefully dropbox will work correctly)

Edited by Robmeng - 21 Jul 2017 at 6:16am
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 9:03am

Robmeng,  the bug check code is 0x00124 which MS says is almost always HW.  Perhaps the power supply needs consideration.  Is it possible to borrow another one-maybe a little more power?  Perhaps the seller will RMA yours.  Here is a MS link on the error.  Please DL the free version of Thaiphoon to display the SPD and XMP data on your memory - takes some time.  As far as I know the XMP data is OK.  I suspect that the Advanced Boot Training (trains memory) is changing memory timings.  You can try disabling it.  Hard to say on your boxed cooler.  My R7 did not have one and I used a water cooler.  I think if it fits and your CPU temps are OK, you're good.  Looks like maybe more room with AMD logo at the top (90 degrees clockwise).  I would not fool with it unless there is a problem.   Enjoy, John.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 10:45am
Given your HWiNFO screenshots, the VRM temperature at 91C is not good, although I don't know how long HWiNFO was running at the time of the screenshot. I see the CPU_OPT and Chassis3 fans are at 0 RPM at times, I would suggest not configuring them to turn off at all, although I have no idea what there location is.

Your CPU temperatures look fine, although I see you have no CPU power saving optons enabled, so you are constantly using a fair amount of power for the CPU. Your 450W PSU does not seem to be have any major drops on its 12V and other rails, but again I don't know how long HWiNFO was running before the screenshot. Your PSU's power may be at the edge of just sufficient, meaning little to no headroom. That is mainly for the video card.

I see one of the Performance Limit Reasons for the GPU switched to Yes, but I cannot tell which parameter that is, the title for that line is cut off. That means whatever that parameter is, it went beyond a standard limit of some kind.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic