ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

No clear CMOS jumper on servers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squidman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No clear CMOS jumper on servers
    Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 6:44am
Well, at least as I can tell...doing a lot of CMOS battery removal at the moment with newly installed ep2c612 ws mobo.  More like...hard turn off...turn off psu...drain via ps switch on front panel for 10-20 seconds. Remove power cable. Remove CMOS Battery (getting good at that!)...Wait..at least 10 minutes...reinstall CMOS battery...do the whole thing over and over again like 30 times between switching rdimms to find the band one, or the bad dimm slots (almost all of them in my case!)...

Not cool! A jumper would have been nice...or some instructions. My WS had 'reset CMOS' but nothing more...no jumpers, no instructions no nothing.
z9pe-d8ws
E5-2665 v1 ES
GTX 770 4gb
Serveraid m1115
30tb storage
5SSD
Corsair 900D
2x H80i
Corsair link
Pimpin LED's
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 9:15am
Originally posted by squidman squidman wrote:

Well, at least as I can tell...doing a lot of CMOS battery removal at the moment with newly installed ep2c612 ws mobo.  More like...hard turn off...turn off psu...drain via ps switch on front panel for 10-20 seconds. Remove power cable. Remove CMOS Battery (getting good at that!)...Wait..at least 10 minutes...reinstall CMOS battery...do the whole thing over and over again like 30 times between switching rdimms to find the band one, or the bad dimm slots (almost all of them in my case!)...

Not cool! A jumper would have been nice...or some instructions. My WS had 'reset CMOS' but nothing more...no jumpers, no instructions no nothing.

I see nothing in the manual that is label CLR CMOS, which is how it is labeled for standard PC boards.

But what about the "ME Recovery Jumper", which is Item 48 in the Motherboard Layout diagram on page six of the manual. It is the last three pin jumper on the right side, under the bottom PCIE1 slot.

It is also shown in section 2.7 Jumper Setup, at the bottom of page 26. It's the closest thing I can find to a CMOS Clear jumper. Worth a try seeing if it is the CMOS Clear jumper, unless you are certain it has another function.

http://www.asrockrack.com/general/productdetail.asp?Model=EP2C612%20WS#Manual
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic